Please Rate Telkom

Rate Telkom, based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 104 17.9%
  • Good

Votes: 222 38.2%
  • Fair

Votes: 110 18.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 55 9.5%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 90 15.5%

• Total voters

ouman430

We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Telkom based on value-for-money, network quality, support, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Telkom does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.

Raleigh

If only Telkom will broadcast problems on their system. I almost wrecked my PC because I could not receive or send e-mails only to find out 2 days later the problem was on Telkom's system.

ouman430

Can not complain too much. Speed is so slow but have always have been helped . Fibre soon..yay

arkonis

Telkom account services and the web desktop used to monitor usages is extremely poor. This pulls down my vote to fair. If this was improved them my vote would increase them 1 or two notches up.

Tripp1000

Telkom has always given me excellent service, great package with Vumatel fibre , good value for money and extremely reliable. 5 stars from me

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I can't complain too much. 20mbps VDSL and I live right on the edge of town. Streaming and gaming usually fine and anytime I've had a problem the help line have been quick to respond.

Pdaniels

I moved everything to telkom. The service I receive is fine. Reasonable rates as well. But in my area we receive only 2mps, very slow. No fiber yet.

Gary63

Telkom has been fine for the past 3 years. Only issue I have is that the LTE speed drops to less than 50% of what it should been from around 19:00 to 05:00 the next morning. Other than that, its fine during the day.

oscalot

I have regular contact with support staff from various ISP's and my experience with Telkom is as follows:
1) They are 95% keen and friendly, BUT:
2) lack the tech skills
3) As a caller you have a 75% chance that each agent has a different opinion/diagnosis to the previous one
4) They lack the holistic IT understanding required for this type of field. A troubleshooting list is not the answer
5) The escalation process is probably the worst. The agent would like to help but is let down by the next level they pass you on to
6) Their support system does not allow them to merge multiple issues from one customer into one, if it is actually related.
7) They lack a more senior, technically reliable and more advanced team geared to assist the level 1 support structure. (very poor escalation structure)
8) I ask question number 7 to all Telkom staff and 99% have agreed wholeheartedly with me. They feel abandoned by their management and feel that their system is the cause that they are left to face the angry and frustrated customers without being able to help much. Point 4 above comes into play here...

10/10 for trying (great marketing, packages, value)
3/10 for ability in carrying out their marketing and technical strategy

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
with the uncapped telkom fibre account I have, I get 2GB of free mobile data and unlimited telkom to telkom calls. this is worth a lot more than one realizes, especially with most big companies' attitudes (including telkom), that it's close to impossible to talk to a real person when you phone in.

krugerable

Reliable, consistent. I have few incidents to report over the past 6 years where they were down.

xcpointx

LTE-A in Claremont, Cape Town is lightning fast! 90mbps consistent download on local servers.

BigL

I have been with Telkom from the time of dial-up, but their roll out of LTE and fibre is too slow thus I'm still stuck on up to 4 MB ADSL. I really have no use for the landline anymore.

TMM

Expert Member
I have had little problem with reliability, consistency and the packages offered seem to be fair (although I object to often the only option given is being forced to take on a 24-month contract to upgrade)
I still struggle when trying to get attention for admin-style problems and queries.

bruinou

Speeds are good, customer service is ok but they need to get a dedicated call center for interior and mobile.

No network is perfect, I've had issues with a number of service providers all for different reasons.

Based on the criteria above,
Value for money - Good
Network Quality - Ok
Support - Needs improvement

I think telkom should improve the rollout for FIBRE in all areas.
I've heard that if your adsl copper lines are stolen they are not replacing it, so you will be switched to LTE, which to me is a load of crap.

I want FIBRE, but apparently my area isnt classed as an area that can afford it, which i dont get because almost every 2nd home has ADSL and i know many people buying 1gb of data at a time for R100... we all know that doesnt last.

Telkom invest in the fibre infrastructure even in the low income areas, its an untapped market!

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Home (ADSL) has it’s seasonal issues due to bad infrastructure which I’m hopping will accelerate FTH in my area. Have just added 2 TELKOM FREEME 20GB lines after cancelling my MTN contracts. Will also migrate my last MTN contract in December. More than satisfied with mobile offering. Can’t beat value.

MuhammadM

They need to improve the network quality, ever since they switched to vodacom the signal and LTE connectivity is poor

Kumba

I have 10mb uncapped fibre & fortunately have not had problems with line speed.Only once out of possibly four occasions when I experienced connectivity issues. which arose from power outages,I had to resort to closing a call in utter frustration as the agent was utterly unable to express herself clearly & understanderbly.My follow up call saw the problem resolved in a few minutes.I have found that the support staff apart from the abovementioned to be polite & knowledgeable