Please Rate Telkom

Rate Telkom, based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 104 17.9%
  • Good

Votes: 222 38.1%
  • Fair

Votes: 111 19.1%
  • Poor

Votes: 55 9.5%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 90 15.5%

• Total voters

Andrewcv

Their service desk has always helped me, sent engineers onsite to investigate and given a realistic eta when there are issues on their tower. Better network quality at night would be cool. Their “soft caps” should be higher. Their service however is good.

TheMark

Reliable service. Tree branch rip telephone line, they fixed it on the next day, a Sunday

Deanos

Been with Telkom since Dialup days.Had my fibre now over 2 years and in total about 2 hours down time!

Speeds are always great (I have 20/20) and very reliable!

Just NEVER EVER EVER EVER call them for a problem! :)

Zaidrgaie

I find Telkom to be pretty outstanding to me, the biggest issue I have is that from time to time when you call the customer care line you get an operater that's new / or ain't very well informed about all the services and solutions Telkom provide, but in terms of value for services I love their deals, especially if you take into account the Intregated Data Sim that you can add for free to your dsl internet.Also I'd like to add that I use Telkom Mobile and I'm super happy with the network coverage, 4g/lte I receive here in Zeerust in the North-West province coupled with the Data prices.

Rikhado

Terrible coverage

Struggle just to post this. The packages are value for money

We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Telkom based on value-for-money, network quality, support, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Telkom does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.

Rikhado

Terrible coverage. Slow connections.

Struggled just to access this page. I like their package deals. Worth it

Antcs

Been with Telkom since Dialup days.Had my fibre now over 2 years and in total about 2 hours down time!

Speeds are always great (I have 20/20) and very reliable!

Just NEVER EVER EVER EVER call them for a problem! :)
May I ask if you are in the GP area?
I am moving to Farrarmere benoni and only have openserve fibre and TT connect fibre to choose from

I had better service & technical support with ADSL. When I switched to fibre, Telkom (for some strange reason) set up a new e-mail IP address and my mail started from that day. Secondly, I received no assistance with this problem. Logged calls are closed before the issue is resolved or the call centre person gave me a bogus reference number so that when I called again, the number did not exist.
Eventually the call centre person told me to take my computer to a computer shop to get it sorted out (SMH). Previously I would speak to somebody who was more technically minded when I had an occasional problem with ADSL. My fibre works fine, but I shudder to think what I am going to encounter if there is a problem.

Xocio

Telkom right now sucks like seriously, I don't know if it's this new roaming with Vodacom but my god it's bad you can't do anything it's constantly roaming and their all net bundles on the Monice offering are pretty expensive which is a bit uncommon for them because usually they have cheap bundles, the 450gig I purchased is unusable at present.

ljw1304

I have Telkom ADSL which is value for money. The network quality is good, but the contention ratio could be better, as the ADSL is slow during some parts of the day. Support needs improvement but is not too bad.

MAMIKI088

Telkom is good and cheaper when making calls and data, network wise its quite good depending to the place you in.

I have LTE 100 by day and 100 by knight. The service is good during the day but at run about 6 late up until run about 10 o,clock the line is slow and I've been complaining from last year and nobody is helping me and i have a case number as well. If maybe they can give us fiber in this area maybe it would be better.

oosiep4

I'm totally happy with Telkom, and the main thing is I don't kill my budget using Telkom data.

stevechapple

We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Telkom based on value-for-money, network quality, support, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Telkom does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.

stevechapple

Service is sometimes intermittent. Also there's an enforced "slow down" when data usage is high. Annoying, so only "fair" service. Value for money okay.

Red Plumstead

Expert Member
In General there whole service just suck. Don't fix the faults on time. Their billing sucks as it is always wrong, waited 6 months before I was refunded. My speeds drop for no reasons. You can't get hold of someone with knowledge. I can go on forever.

theguynxdoor

Telkom gave me much better value for money since I moved from MTN. I've only had trouble with network

JohanHF

Their network is pretty good. When it's working but bless the poor soul that has to deal with their support when things go pear-shape...