Please Rate Telkom

Rate Telkom, based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 104 17.9%
  • Good

Votes: 222 38.2%
  • Fair

Votes: 110 18.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 55 9.5%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 90 15.5%

• Total voters

niffobti

With Telkom I get very good LTE speeds on the uncapped LTE for a mere R699 (was one of the first to sign up) 35Mb down and around 15MB up with 10 ms ping. However, I had to deal with issues here and there. That is where things really goes bad. There call center or any form of communication to get issues resolved is the worst I have had to deal with. On any platform they are bad. Their own site is the worst. Calling them is a 1 hour nightmare. E-mail, don't even bother. I have managed to get the best resluts from their social media teams.

RowlandPym

Don't recall having any outages this year. Pricing suits my pocket and they leave me alone, apart from offering me promotional deals with Netflix and Showmax.

AshenP

Telkom service for me is good. On the original uncapped LTE and speeds are good. Speeds do tend to drop after 7pm in my area but it still works great for streaming.

brooksw

Reliable with terrible low internet access between 5 pm to 9 pm daily
The system seem to get throttled.
Upgraded with disappointing results
No fibre future? it seems for the Natal South coast

jwadsworthza

Poor quality router (issued with the contract). The previous router which I gave to my parents is far superior. The installation of a Poynting Direct Antennae which is more of a issue because I now cannot connect to any of the other towers in the area when the station I am pointed out goes down (regularly). I cannot connect time and again to my email (POP3) because of issues no one can explain (I used another connect and I can download email immediately). Overall, I rate Telkom the lowest I can. I was asked to renew my contract last week and I have put it off. I don't see them getting better in the foreseeable future.

Maciej

Telkom fibre performance is good except for once or twice a month when the speed drops to less than a tenth of what I am paying for. This is an irritant and inconvenient.

lowriderza

Expert Member
Using Telkom Mobile and LTE. Pricing is awesome. My only two gripes are reception being spotty and many times I get a really noisy line when making outbound calls.

Milano

Honorary Master
Where they could improve: Ethics, integrity. honesty would be a good place for them to start.

mbuyam

I'm on Telkom mobile and the network connection is always good, average speed is 3.5Mbps.
Considering my package cost and the speed thereof, I think the value is good. I am happy with it.

DanDango

Executive Member
Good: ADSL with Telkom. Get what I pay for. Latency was great Toti to Joburg was 39 ms but for the last week it is 53 ms.

skolliealvin

We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Telkom based on value-for-money, network quality, support, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Telkom does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.
Telkom has been great so far.. The best choice I ever made.. No buffering.. I don't regret changing to Telkom

Wayne Russell

We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Telkom based on value-for-money, network quality, support, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Telkom does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.
Telkom's LTE speed and reliability is excellent value for money. They have created products and packages which are actually useful to users. Their Mo'nice data deals are brilliant. Example 4.5 gigs for R50 valid for 30 days. They have jacked up their customer contact centre to the extent that if I wait 1 to 2 minutes to be helped, it's not the norm for them. I've recommended all my family and friends to Telkom Mobile and they too have no regrets.

I'm a happy customer!

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Service not too bad but getting hold of them is the issue.
Line is constant and reliable
Pricing is their biggest downfall and ridiculously high.

NoJ

On 10mbps fibre uncapped, never really have a problem with speed/latency so would give them a good rating there, and reliability isn't too bad compared to ADSL days. Never down for more than a day, and very rarely at that.

The FUP is terrible though, especially when you consider no other fibre providers have one on their uncapped accounts(that I know of) and their call centre staff's technical knowledge can be lacking at times. Prices are also generally more than other ISP's for uncapped fibre so not the best value for money.

Last edited:

sthabisodhlamini

Network is good in urban areas, but not on the outskirts and some suburban areas out of the city centres. Well their on the call service is poor as staff do not care for customers... it's important to know that it's not all staff 9/10 staff are not equipped to provide help.

DjStyles

Expert Member
Service has been good for the most part. Other than congestion from time to time, its been what was promised.