Please Rate Telkom

Rate Telkom, based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 104 17.9%
  • Good

Votes: 222 38.2%
  • Fair

Votes: 110 18.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 55 9.5%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 90 15.5%

• Total voters

KingRat1

Never had a problem. Every thing just works. I have 10 meg ADSL and actually get 10 meg.
Streaming 2 HD streams and browsing no problem.
Cell coverage could be better at home.

Volksieboi

Expert Member
No issues really with the actual internet service, speed, FUP, etc.

Prices are also reasonable

Just calling 10210 to sort out queries is a nightmare

corb

Telkom is one of I think 2 ISP's that provide coverage for our area, where the rest have this inverted coverage circle on their coverage maps.
Their service however, is awful in every aspect. The line always has high latency and regularly drops (so much for coverage) and when we queried it the first time, they brushed off the issue on a weak router, of course the b618 makes no difference and sucks just as much. When the line goes down completely, which has happened about 3-4 times, they give us stupid suggestions like turning it off and on - like we haven't tried that 10 times already.

We had adsl through a 3rd party isp on telkom lines before the lte-a and it was even worse in dropping connections. 10mbps copper to the exchange, 4mbps copper to our house, so utterly trash. Telkom/openserve looked like they laid fibre halfway down the road in our neighborhood and stopped, so was probably a false hope for fibre roll out.

TL/DR, telkom's coverage is misleading, their service sucks, their support staff are incompetent and their 2 year contract business model is obsolete. I despise Telkom
How to improve? Heck, customer service and literacy first. Then fixing the network coverage and quality errors.

Last edited:

Corelli

Telkom's biggest issue is their billing. When the technicians make a mess-up you can go through 12 months to fix the contract. My friend did just that. He signed up for Fibre at R807pm. However his bill 1st month was R1136, and then subsequently R1004 for the remaining 11.

What happened is that some idiot at Telkom created a 4mb internet account seperate from the fibre. He got billed for both. He complained at least twice a week for an entire year to them. They never fixed it up, and the wouldnt refund him a cent.

So end of 12 months he cancels, telkom owes him effectively R2496 in incorrect billing. But they wont refund him. Said it's not their fault, yet it clearly is.

Karolus

My needs are not demanding, and I've using TELKOM for years without problems. Speed is good, support is good and service is good. I hate the cut-off and reconnection policy, especially the long wait for reconnection after paying arrears.

jjok01

No problems with Telkom, but for the speed , sometimes is very slow, but still, good value for money.

geezer

Expert Member
If they can sort out their roaming agreements properly, I would have given them a better rating.

ZaahidM

Telkom is a mix bag of performance. When it's great it's average. When it's good it's completely useless.

Still waiting on Fibre in the Cape Flats.

Ray007

I am pleased with the services provided by Telkom. I dont plan on changing my service provider

Rick@Harties

Not perfect but best deal on uncapped LTE withe decent speeds (up to 90 at times) They throttle after 300 Gigs/m

jackiejhb

I was with Telkom for many years until very recently and always found them great. The only reason I changed was where I live has gone online with Telkom Business for all residents and they are dreadful with phones and Wi-Fi constantly on the blink.

micro1982

We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Telkom based on value-for-money, network quality, support, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Telkom does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.
Network - Paying for a 10ML ADSL Line Speed is around 6MB.
Quality - Sucks If a truck Past my house I loos all connection with the ADSL Line. And lie keeps on dropping
Support -If you get hold of telkom they give you support
General service - Waiting up to 2 months to fix a problem.

creeper

Expert Member
Running fiber. Stable network.

Expensive and support isn’t up to scratch.

ViRuS2007

Telkom is very good value for money but needs to work on their coverage and service in there call centers and branches

uzairtonyaziz

For some reason Telkom lines in our area are almost always down for a few days leaving us without a telwphone line amd internet . Not to mention the promised up to 4mb line and not ecen comkng close to 1mb on some days

Daruk

Honorary Master
I never thought I'd say Telkom (LTE) are the best ISP I've had thus far. Vox was number 1 but I couldn't get LTE from them at the time I switched.

tedloukes2

I have had no real issues with Telkom - I have uncapped LTE plus three mobile phones and all work well for over 95% of the time. There are the odd occasions where the service drops, but not often.
Very good.

deesef

I upgraded from adsl to Fibre about 18 months ago. The difference in up-time is astronomical. Their fibre service is great. Cost is so reasonable for the"unlimited" package, as it includes a SIM with LTE data and a landline with free Telkom to Telkom calls.

Me and my wife also have Telkom mobile cellular services. This is cheaper than other providers and service is great. There has never been the "Bill shock"that we had with Vodacom.

Isa Erasmus

I
We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Telkom based on value-for-money, network quality, support, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Telkom does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.
Stay in a place where there is merely no signal day or night. The data are the best, but the frustration of utterly poor signal is sky high