Please Rate Telkom

Rate Telkom, based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 104 17.9%
  • Good

Votes: 222 38.2%
  • Fair

Votes: 110 18.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 55 9.5%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 90 15.5%

• Total voters

lucianobad

We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Telkom based on value-for-money, network quality, support, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Telkom does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.
For the period I have been with Telkom ADSL I had only one outage but as of late I have had numerous issues having technician's coming out to fix problem as I was constantly getting cut off and on every month I eventually at this very moment doing a migration to optic fibre.telkom prices are hiking on the 1 of September to all ADSL users so I hope that optic fibre will drop in price as the option for the package deals is still high and I hope that there will be no issue,also call centre needs to improve a lot for customer services as waiting periods to connect then get disconnected is not fantastic all in all drop prices on optic fibre deals if you want to get rid of ADSL lines.

bro-da

If you had to ask me 3 months ago would have rated Telkom as excellent. very good value for money and decent coverage.

However the past few months have been hell. I have 17+GBs of available data but get the following message every few minutes (no exaggeration):

"YOUR INTERNET ACCESS HAS BEEN PAUSED BECAUSE YOU ARE USING OUT OF BUNDLE DATA. DIAL *180# TO PURCHASE A NEW BUNDLE OR OPEN YOUR BROWSER FOR MORE OPTIONS. "

I can't make Whatsapp calls, browse data or read Mybroadband posts. Seriously considering cancelling my contract and moving.

Sad because they have a really good value offering.

Fenix_ZA

Their packages are nice and is competitively priced. Line speeds in our area is stable with minimum issues or instabilities.

Any form of customer service on the other hand is non existent. Their call centre drives up suicide rates in South Africa.

Kdavis23

Telkom LTE is pretty good overall. Bases on where I am, I do sometimes struggle with the network automatically switching to Telkom-R which really messes me around. I would also like to see the landline rental fee dropped from ADSL packages. I never phone from a landline so why should I pay for it? Overall, good service, but could be so much better.

romeo1888

Telkom is so cool, work so fine for me since i have been using it form the past 4 years now. only thing is thier networks sometimes goes off and on apart from that everything is perfect

BadAsh

Telkom used to have good network coverage in my area but after migrating to vodacom, my network is very poor and I lost data. I would consider another network on my next upgrade.

Service has been good over the years. Minimal outages and in recent years I've been consistently getting 9.6 on a 10Mbps line. I also can't fault their support, as calling them is quick and painless due to the fact that I'm a pinnacle customer, so I skip the cue. Having my port reset literally just takes a few minutes. I'll definitely upgrade to fibre when it comes, but for now, this is working just fine for all my work and streaming needs.

sitarab2

We have been with Telkom for the past few years and rarely had down time. On the rare occasions i called in with a problem, they assisted and everything got sorted. My only gripe with Telkom is when we applied for our fibre line...where with our neighbours it took a matter of 2-3 days to have theirs installed, our internet got cut for 2 weeks and we waited while watching everyone else's fibre lines being activated. This really frustrated me, but we had no choice. When we wanted to cancel, we were told that we will have to pay a cancellation fee plus the 24months fees. So now we still with them...got to see how this works now.

extrusion

Good as advertised, but the data limits are a bit low. Especially on the lite product range.

Lochner

Telkom advertise fiber widely, however where I live, no fiber is available. Extremely difficult to have a meaningful technical discussion with a human being at Telkom. Stuck with ADSL. Cannot go LTE either because signal in my area very poor, but do not know how to find s person at Telkom who will be able to determine signal direction and signal strength.

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
In terms of what I get in my house I'm really very happy. I keep pricing similar size packages elsewhere and Telkom ADSL is always the cheapest. Other packages look cheaper but I get 40 GB + 40 GB night owl which means that even if I find a 40 GB package for less, I actually need to buy an 80 GB package to get the same data and then it is most decidedly nowhere near the same price as Telkom.

Also without either a properly functioning cell service and no hope of fibre in any foreseeable future I'm stuck with an ADSL line and that means I'm paying Telkom for the line anyway. The package I'm on includes my line rental, free Telkom to Telkom calls and a bunch of other benefits that I would lose if I changed to a different internet package AND I'd still be paying Telkom for the line.

However call center service is very hit and miss. Call and get someone op en wakker and it's ok. Get someone who is clueless and the service disappears into the toilet.

far2000

Just pathetic...from.applying waiting for months , to cable theft and having weeks without internet to cancelling and waiting a year for lines to be cancelled.....just atrocious....

alphabyte

Value for money: Good. Their prices are generally good, and often leave the competition far behind.
Network quality Good. Mostly good signal strength and good throughput.
Support: Absolutely pathetic. Tried to get one of their monthly deals, but queries go unanswered. Staff in the shops do not have a clue what they are talking about and cannot answer even the most basic questions.

robmmo

We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Telkom based on value-for-money, network quality, support, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Telkom does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.
My package includes landline and high speed ADSL at an affordable price. I would like to be able to upgrade to a higher speed at a better price.