Poor HSDPA+ Performance - Brackenfell, Cape Town...

BGE

Expert Member
I posted this on TellTrevor.co.za... let's see if they even respond... previously I has zilch contact... their HSDPA+ service in the greater Brackenfell area, specifically Cape Gate, Morgenster, Protea Heights has gone down the drain... me and fam experience numerous issue constantly... tried to assist my dad yesterday, eventually got so gatvol... the TellTrevor post:

Yet again I need complain, your mobile internet offering has gone from OK to totally poor, I keep getting disconnected, keep getting forced to EDGE(I paid for broadband not dial-up!), often even when the modem is connected there is no data throughput, it's not just this weekend, but has been going on for the last 2 months... I'm an IT pro, I know the problem lies on your side, it is unacceptable that I paid for the this service that now appears to be deteriorating at a rate of knots, honestly I expected better! I got my family to purchase the promo offer as well, and feel totally frustrated that I need to make excuses because they are experiencing the same issues I am! Can I please get my money back for the remaining contract period? I have tried all the advice on the MyBB forum with no improvement! Let's see if 'Trevor' even responds??

BGE

BGE

Expert Member
I've ditched the CellC official dashboard, using the Mobile Partners dash... suddenly I'm getting decent speed and stability... hope this lasts... usually doesn't!

Speedtest.net results: Brackenfell to Newlands Data Centre:

1145059677.png

BGE

Expert Member
Funny that the JHB based server gives better results, despite the distance... must be peering issues:

1145061407.png

Vee

In Brackenfell - South, not much better on 21meg - 5 gig pre-paid

BGE

Expert Member
So you ain't really getting better speed, just 3GB more data...

colin001

Greetings, I also live in the Brackenfell area (Morgenster). At present I'm on a 384 line with Cybersmart. I'm thinking seriously of going over to 8ta and their clever 3G wonderstick at R199 monthly but it looks like there is limited coverage in my area. Any ideas? Thanks, Colin

Last edited by a moderator:

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Greetings, I also live in the Brackenfell area (Morgenster). At present I'm on a 384 line with Cybersmart. I'm thinking seriously of going over to 8ta and their clever 3G wonderstick at R199 monthly but it looks like there is limited coverage in my area. Any ideas? Thanks, Colin

Best advice with any 3G service is borrow from a friend and test otherwise buy a pre-paid SIM and load some airtime.