I bought the Rizzen Premium 600W Powerstation from Takealot and got it last night - I see however it's sold by Rugged SA so could have gotten it from them quicker
South Africa's leading online store. Fast, reliable delivery to your door. Many ways to pay. Shop anything you can imagine: TVs, laptops, cellphones, kitchen appliances, toys, books, beauty & more. Shop the mobile app anytime, anywhere.
www.takealot.com
I switched off all the plugs at the Db-Board only switching on the lights and certain plugs, I then took a 3-point male-to-male cable and connected the power station to one of the outlets in my house pushing power back into the system and ran the following on the 600W:
1. Charging cellphone
2. House Alarm + 2 Beams
3. Wifi Extender
4. Fountain - haha it's a test won't be running this in real-world environments
5. Energizer (Electric Fence)
6. 12 x Downlights
7. 55" TV (150W)
8. Xiaomi TV Box
9. Router & ONT
231 - 237 Watts
88% = 2.1h left
If I chose to run my 32" TV that runs 60W or even turn down the brightness on the 55" I would literally run this thing for a full day of stage 6 and not pick up any problems
The benefit is also this thing looks way better than a trolley when you run it in the living room and entertaining because your neighbours also don't have power
Folks don't do this! The male-to-male plug thing can land you in jail. If you do this, and your home db is not perfectly installed, you could kill a linesman or eskom employee working on a line closeby. Manslaughter with no excuse. PLEASE rather fork out another R1k to get an electrician to install a bypass switch for you.
Connect the battery via thick copper wire to xt60 input port. You can get the xt60 connectors and make your own cable.
I tried the cicarette socket with crocodile clips before and the cicarette socket became expreamly hot and I only pulled 8amps form it. The wattage I got form it also fluctuated as if it didn't make proper connection. Rather go the other route.View attachment 1425577
Corum Technology is a registered South African enterprise. We import & assemble the components of our products. Our workspace is inspected along with the quality of our products. Each product we sell is SABS approved & is safe for its intended use. Our enterprise number is 2022/433262/07.
Shall I buy the River Pro 720Wh or the River Max 576Wh?
I just want to power 2 gaming laptops during load shedding, their power bricks are 230W and 170W.
There is also the Gizzu 518Wh for cheaper, which one would you guys recommend for my use case?
Any suggestions?
Shall I buy the River Pro 720Wh or the River Max 576Wh?
I just want to power 2 gaming laptops during load shedding, their power bricks are 230W and 170W.
There is also the Gizzu 518Wh for cheaper, which one would you guys recommend for my use case?
Any suggestions?
With the Pro you'll get probably about 3 hours of runtime at around 200-220W constant load, that's from my personal experience, although I've never fully drained it yet. Load shedding here is normally just over 2 hours and I'm left with about 15-20% battery depending on fluctuation on the load.
The beauty of the Ecoflow is the fast charging, with the frequency of load shedding we have it's kind of necessary. It will charge at over 600W from the mains which is pretty great.
Ugh, decided to get myself a Gizzu 296Wh unit while it's on special at TA. With stage 5 incoming again I need more backup power for my house network gear.
It's sucks that it's not a UPS, but I guess for this price it's expected. I have a automatic transfer switch plug that I'll try out on this and see if it works so I don't have to constantly go switch it over.
Corum Technology is a registered South African enterprise. We import & assemble the components of our products. Our workspace is inspected along with the quality of our products. Each product we sell is SABS approved & is safe for its intended use. Our enterprise number is 2022/433262/07.
Shall I buy the River Pro 720Wh or the River Max 576Wh?
I just want to power 2 gaming laptops during load shedding, their power bricks are 230W and 170W.
There is also the Gizzu 518Wh for cheaper, which one would you guys recommend for my use case?
Any suggestions?
You have to factor in efficiency of the inverter. From my research you'll get about 80% of the rated Wh of the Ecoflows, so the 720 will be 576 Wh and the River Max will be 461 Wh. Take into consideration the loss of capacity after 800 cycles and then the River Pro is clearly better choice. Plus you can add an external battery unit to increase your capacity.
I opted for the River Pro. Too bad I ordered a day too early so I paid R500 more than the current special.
You have to factor in efficiency of the inverter. From my research you'll get about 80% of the rater Wh of the Ecoflows, so the 720 will be 576 Wh and the River Max will be 461 Wh. Take into consideration the loss of capacity after 800 cycles and then the River Pro is clearly better choice. Plus you can add an external battery unit to increase your capacity.
I opted for the River Pro. Too bad I ordered a day too early so I paid R500 more than the current special.
Anyone have an idea where to source the EcoFlow Solar to XT60 Charging Cable? With things looking like they are I think getting a solar panel to go with the River Pro might be a good idea for a next purchase. Can't seem to find any place with stock.
Portable Power Station | Solar Charging Compatible | Lithium-ion Battery | Pure Sine wave |156000mAh | 1000W Peak output | Exclusive Rizzen Distributor | Car Charging Compatible
Portable Power Station | Solar Charging Compatible | Lithium-ion Battery | Pure Sine wave |156000mAh | 1000W Peak output | Exclusive Rizzen Distributor | Car Charging Compatible
Anyone have an idea where to source the EcoFlow Solar to XT60 Charging Cable? With things looking like they are I think getting a solar panel to go with the River Pro might be a good idea for a next purchase. Can't seem to find any place with stock.
EcoFlow Solar to XT60 Charging Cable - 3.5M - Product Description The Solar to XT60 Charging Cable lets you link the DELTA or RIVER series power stations to a solar panel. That includes EcoFlow or - Fast nationwide shipping across South Africa. Buy online at Tech Guy SA.
Portable Power Station | Solar Charging Compatible | Lithium-ion Battery | Pure Sine wave |156000mAh | 1000W Peak output | Exclusive Rizzen Distributor | Car Charging Compatible
EcoFlow Solar to XT60 Charging Cable - 3.5M - Product Description The Solar to XT60 Charging Cable lets you link the DELTA or RIVER series power stations to a solar panel. That includes EcoFlow or - Fast nationwide shipping across South Africa. Buy online at Tech Guy SA.
As far as I can tell it used to come with, but for some reason they stopped including the cable. The product description doesn't show that the cable is included any longer. Seems to be a separate purchase now, which sucks since there's no stock anywhere.
What's in the box
1 x EcoFlow River Pro Portable Power Station
1 x DC5521-DS5525 Cable
1 x AC Charging Cable
1 x Car Charging Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card