Pravin must go

thechamp

Honorary Master
Has someone asked him why he didn’t do anything about Zuma? Would like to hear him try to make it seems like he did
He did so much about Zuma, so perhaps that's why no one bothers to ask him. He is the one who was in parliament holding Eskom state capturers to account when everyone had resigned to protect their ministerial pensions.

Last edited:

Gordon_R

Executive Member
Some insight as to the political protagonists and their aims and methods:

thechamp

Honorary Master
Ah yes "politics" where you sacrifice your principals and morals and everyone thinks you're a hero
It's not only about your principles and morals though, it's much more complicated than that, it's about the interest of the country. If you care only about your morals and principles then you are in the wrong field, how would you be able to make decisions on matters of national importance if it's only about your principles and morals?

Corelli

I think we should send Malema somewhere to finally become a freedom fighter. But where to send him to? He already has the right hat and he praised Gaddafi for being such a sterling leader.

If you havent seen Chernobyl, go see that. Gordan is like the guy trying to fix the mess, but the mess is pretty big and it will take a while to fix, so that it works going forward in the future.

Have to say, I really like those Zero Gas Freezers of late. Will have to invest in one, because well...You cant pump fuel if there is no electricity, as my friend experienced when she bought herself a 20k generator only to go pop in at the petrol station and the power is out, they cant give her fuel. oops.

So might as well go gas for cooling and cooking and solar for lights and water heating. Actually that will cover most of my electricity usage.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Cambridge analytica still exists? But I agree, a clone of it is definitely doing the driving.
The great hack focused on Facebook but it's obvious there is a bigger/more dangerous version running the show on Twitter
I think some people are confusing Bell Pottinger and Cambridge Analytica with each other...

3WA

Executive Member
Ah yes "politics" where you sacrifice your principals and morals and everyone thinks you're a hero
You can't be a principled and moral politician when there’s an unprincipled and immoral electorate.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
While Pravin might have his issues, at least he seems to hold the tide of looters in check a bit, the looters hate him. If he goes, the the looters will have total free reign, not sure why some of you want that, since it bad enough already?

R13...

Honorary Master
While Pravin might have his issues, at least he seems to hold the tide of looters in check a bit, the looters hate him. If he goes, the the looters will have total free reign, not sure why some of you want that, since it bad enough already?
It's sad and frightening that there's so few people keeps the wolfs or hyenas in our case at bay. Mind you most of the hyenas are in the frenzy they just need the trough topped up.

HBee

Expert Member
What did you expect him to accomplish in two years?
As an example, any plan, other than ones he inherited. Maybe some action on a plan would have been nice. maybe a reversal or curbing the free fall debt accrual of Eskom would have been nice. I mean anything but the hot air we have been given.

thechamp

Honorary Master
You can't be a principled and moral politician when there’s an unprincipled and immoral electorate.
You can be anything you want, as long as you understand that being there is not only about you, your morals and principles should be balanced against all the other factors. No one should be in parliament or anywhere in government if their think their morals and principles should override everything.

HBee

Expert Member
How do you feel about the acceleration of debt at Eskom under GP? In fact everywhere this man goes taxpayers loose.

thechamp

Honorary Master
As an example, any plan, other than ones he inherited. Maybe some action on a plan would have been nice. maybe a reversal or curbing the free fall debt accrual of Eskom would have been nice. I mean anything but the hot air we have been given.
Recovering R2.1bn stolen from SOEs isn't something positive? https://m.fin24.com/Economy/gordhan-over-r21bn-recovered-in-overcoming-the-rot-of-state-capture-20190821

There has been arrests of former Eskom managers involved in corruption.
He has fired people at Transnet, one of them even accused him of racism while he was fired for his corrupt ways.

The guy has his plate full with all the rot at SOEs, you are not giving him enough credit, it's hard enough to get on with the plain if there is so much rot to work through.

And he has a plan, at least criticize it on its merits instead of making it look like there isn't any.

https://businesstech.co.za/news/energy/349689/this-is-governments-new-plan-for-eskom/

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
There has been this narrative that Pravin is this magical knight on a white horse, "the only one that can save us" and that he is "one of the good guys".

Very similar to the initial stages of Ramaphoria where people saw hope in a time of darkness, only to be disappointed by Ramaphosa being "shocked" at the state of Eskom even though he was integral part of the Eskom war room years prior.

I guess what I am saying is they all pretty much equally useless in my eyes, cuz what has actually changed and not gotten worse?
One can on a daily basis see how his attempts at cleaning up gets undermined. Removing him is what the state capturers want.

3WA

Executive Member
To be honest, if we just took all EFF and COSATU ideas and did the exact opposite, the country would start fixing itself on autopilot. So don’t even think about it, just fill cabinet with everyone that has had a Malema tirade against them.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Pravin is a communist. He must go, he shouldn't have been there in the 1st place.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
How do you feel about the acceleration of debt at Eskom under GP? In fact everywhere this man goes taxpayers loose.
I am upset that PG stepped in and helped the Eskom workers get their increases last year.

From his POV he most probably thought that the cost of thousands of workers sabotaging Eskom outweighed the cost of the salary increases alternatively he was weighing the costs of lost votes if he pissed of his union buddies.

@thechamp will most probably know more about these political decisions…

Sollie

Executive Member
I know, and it sucks...

Shamila needs to be a bit more proactive... stop chasing everyone (if that is what is happening) and pick 1 high value target and put a big team on it to make it happen fast.
An Ace in the hole?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
PG must go! Ace in his place!

Be careful what you wish for HBee and LCBXX, maybe the above will happen