Promo clarity

fismail

i went to MTN walk-in yesterday , saw an email splurb on the new promo but i'm not impressed at the amounts offered , consultant said it may be changed again tho.

Last edited:

fismail

you will know by saturday or monday , relax , its not like Tito and Trevor are dropping interest rates to 0 or advising all south africans that they all getting goodwill of R100k in their bank accounts tax free.

CellBel

Expert Member
you will know by saturday or monday , relax , its not like Tito and Trevor are dropping interest rates to 0 or advising all south africans that they all getting goodwill of R100k in their bank accounts tax free.
I'll buy the Sunday newspaper if nothing shows here on Saturday.

ld13

Honorary Master
I'll buy the Sunday newspaper if nothing shows here on Saturday.
This is the MyADSL forums!! If there is not something on here soon, I will be really disappointed in everyone here. :p

FireTelkom

Is it just me or am I reading the details wrong on the MTN website.

http://www.mtn.co.za/?pid=327485

The link above indicates that MTN are just matching the data rates of Vodacom with the exception that smaller than 500MB bundles are also available for pay as you go users.

R389 for 2 Gig, R289 for 1Gig, R189 for 500MB, R169 for 350MB, R80 for 100MB and R10 for 10MB is all good figures, but not earth shuttering.

It is also interesting to see that you can get the included data modem on contracts for a few additional rands a month. R50 to be exact and available from 350MB per month.

Regards

FireTelkom

FireTelkom

The question is now wether the inclusive amounts in the Mychoice Topup contracts can be used to by these bundles. I think however that there was now change because under the terms and conditions of the MTN Broadband and data it is stated that the inclusive airtime can not be used for data bundles. I also see that data bundle roll over still remains a dream for us......

FireTelkom

Last edited:

MavChat

I kinda feel let down... By the way pb was talking it seemed that something revolutionary was coming... Now I can safely say that with vodacom having data roll over I am more inclined to go to them for data... Will see how the wind blows before I do it...

fismail

as seen on frontpage of www.myadsl.co.za

MTN has dropped the price of its data bundles and data contracts.

MTN has reduced the price of both its data bundles and data contracts, matching the prices announced by Vodacom earlier this year.

MTN’s 2 GB data bundle will now cost R 389-00, down from the usual R 399-00 special offer. Their 1 GB bundle is priced at R 289-00 while their 500 MB bundle will now cost R 189-00.

MTN’s 2 GB data contract – which comes with a new HSDPA modem – will now cost R 449-00 per month. The 1 GB option is priced at R 349-00 while the 500 MB contract costs R 249-00 per month.

Earlier this year MTN announced a 20% reduction in their data costs as well as a ‘buy one GB get one free’ special offer. Vodacom retaliated a few weeks later with a massive data bundle price cut, amounting to a price cut of up to 62%.

The latest data rates announced by MTN – which is on par with Vodacom’s current pricing - may send a message to Vodacom that the company is not interested in a price war.

Cell C’s data rates have not seen any drastic reductions, with its 1 GB offering being priced at R 499-00. Its 500 MB package costs R 350-00 while its 200 MB offer retails for R 175-00 a month.
I pay a whole R10 more for my 2gigs , eish.

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
I've just checked on the MTN Active web site and they have the data bundles listed at the new prices, except the 2GB bundle is not available.

K

kingrob

And I thought it's gonna be something to get excited about.

Boo-hoo.

davidwza

Damn I'm so chuffed, just wish that I could post it here :eek:

We'll have to wait for the official launch first... But hang in there it will be well worth it.
woopee twang - what a load of hype for nothing :confused::confused: