Promo clarity

davidwza

Rather under promise and over deliver - I think that the hype that was created here was that MTN would offer something that would get everyone to go WOW. What has been offered is ok - it brings MTN in line with Vodacom but what I was expecting was a rollover and also maybe a bigger bundle like 3gigs or even 4gigs at 16c per meg, now this would have been thinking out of the box.

K

kingrob

Rather under promise and over deliver - I think that the hype that was created here was that MTN would offer something that would get everyone to go WOW. What has been offered is ok - it brings MTN in line with Vodacom but what I was expecting was a rollover and also maybe a bigger bundle like 3gigs or even 4gigs at 16c per meg, now this would have been thinking out of the box.
The MTN offering is actually not good at all, it's MTN telling Vodacom that the price war is over - not good for the consumer at all.

Sony_3G

MTN is on a major drive to boost its broadband products by offering significant price cuts and launching an aggressive marketing campaign.
This is a joke right? We are supposed to laugh about it? MTN tkes 4 months and alot of hype, to MATCH their NO1 competitior.... Oh boy

Pitbull

Verboten
This is a joke right? We are supposed to laugh about it? MTN tkes 4 months and alot of hype, to MATCH their NO1 competitior.... Oh boy
The 1GB and 2GB was matched. The lower end was cut by allot ;)
Maybe check the prices again :confused:

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
Now I'm confused too.
I have just checked again on MTN Active.
No change in the 10MB and 100MB.
The 350MB is down from R210 to R169 (20%) and the 500MB is down from R250 to R189 (24%).
The 1GB is down from R399 to match Vodacom at R289 (28%).
There is still no sign of the 2GB.

Pitbull are these the same prices you have in front of you?
Have any of the rules changed? Do bundles still expire after 30 days, can we still only buy one bundle in a calendar month and were there any changes to the out-of-bundle rates?

Pitbull

Verboten
Now I'm confused too.
I have just checked again on MTN Active.
No change in the 10MB and 100MB.
The 350MB is down from R210 to R169 (20%) and the 500MB is down from R250 to R189 (24%).
The 1GB is down from R399 to match Vodacom at R289 (28%).
There is still no sign of the 2GB.

Pitbull are these the same prices you have in front of you?
Have any of the rules changed? Do bundles still expire after 30 days, can we still only buy one bundle in a calendar month and were there any changes to the out-of-bundle rates?
MTN active has a 2 - 24 hour update delay.

That being said.

All packages current and new, by default has been changed to the current price structure. So if you have a 500MB bundle loaded since last month, your next inv will have the new pricing on it and not the old price.

Hope I understood your question correctly

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
MTN active has a 2 - 24 hour update delay.
Maybe, but they did have the new prices for the 350MB, 500MB and 1GB up yesterday. Perhaps someone forgot to add the new 2GB bundle. Anyway, I filled in a form on the MTN SP web site regarding the unavailability of the 2GB data bundle, so I'm sure one of your guys is on it right now. :rolleyes:
Hope I understood your question correctly
Not exactly, you wrote:
According to MTN Active there was no change in the lower end (10MB and 100MB) bundles.

So, are the prices I saw on MTN Active the correct current prices?

And, were the any changes to the rules? In addition to the ones in my previous post, can we now use the included credit in MyChoice contracts to purchase data bundles?

MavChat

It would be nice if they added rollover or multiple bundles or both...

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
Ironically, one thing missing from this thread is clarity.

Sony_3G

MTN’s 2 GB data bundle now retails for R 389-00 (same as voda) while a 1 GB offering costs R 289-00 (same as voda) . MTN also has a 500 MB bundle costing R 189-00 (same as voda) and a 350 MB bundle for R 169-00 a month.( vodacom does not have a 350 mb ppdb to compare with
So what are you actually saying (hard to keep the public happy)

qDot

Expert Member
Please clearify 1G = R399 or R289 ?

I have just spoken to Khethiwe (MTNSP, i dialled 808).

Now i know from recent announcements that the MTN bundle has decreased in price to R289.00. She tells me it is R399, i know that to be the old price.

http://www.mtn.co.za/?pid=248769

What is the deal?

torgo

I have just spoken to Khethiwe (MTNSP, i dialled 808).

Now i know from recent announcements that the MTN bundle has decreases in price to R289.00. She tells me it is R399, i know that to be the old price.

http://www.mtn.co.za/?pid=248769

What is the deal?
Dont rely on 808. I called yesterday and told me that my current data package price will not automatically decrease with teh new pricing. I must call and cancel and reapply for a new one! All bunch of ?????

MavChat

Dont rely on 808. I called yesterday and told me that my current data package price will not automatically decrease with teh new pricing. I must call and cancel and reapply for a new one! All bunch of ?????
If you were on the 2gb promo you will be on a 2gb bundle as from sunday.

I spoke to a very cute lady at 808 and she told me that if I want to switch bundles it's best to do it a day or 2 before the invoice closes that way you avoid the prorata and you get credit for your unused data.

I spend much less time online these days so I'm changing to a smaller bundle:)

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
It's been a week since the new prices were announced, the new 2GB Data Bundle is still not available for purchase on the MTN Active web site.

MTN you are beyond a joke. :mad: