Kornhub
Blackburn Fan
Those small almost flakey squares ? Like flat
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
That was the Wholewheat variant. It was pretty nice.I have a memory of something that tasted a bit like pronutro but it was bigger whitish flakes....almost the size of those colourful fish food flakes.
Yep, it is that one. I am not even willing to call it a ProNutro substitute since I don't know whether ProNutro as I knew it is even still ProNutro. The Woolworth Hi-Energy cereal is good, real good in my opinion. For those who want ProNutro, better than the classic, get the Original Hi-Energy.

www.thesouthafrican.com
The day before Heritage Day, PepsiCo, the makers of ProNutro, announced they were killing the iconic South African brand. In terms of timing, it really was a signature statement.
Samuel Johnson once described oats as “a grain, which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland supports the people”.
ProNutro was probably our variant.
It was developed in 1962, as a special nutritional supplement to combat protein deficiency and malnutrition.
Some people loved it, I didn’t.
They didn't ignore the public, sales were declining since 2020, before that rated as one of top 5, but around 2020 steady decline(Opinion) ProNutro axed before Heritage Day: A lesson on ignoring public
![]()
ProNutro axed before Heritage Day: A lesson on ignoring public | The Citizen
ProNutro was developed in 1962 as nutritional supplement to combat protein deficiency and became as South African as rusks.www.citizen.co.za
That's when they started the Wheat and gluten free kak.They didn't ignore the public, sales were declining since 2020, before that rated as one of top 5, but around 2020 steady decline
That was around 2017That's when they started the Wheat and gluten free kak.
Developed? Since when does shredding cardboard require development?![]()
A South African food company based in the UK have offered to purchase Pronutro from PepsiCo in the hopes of continuing production.
View attachment 1940327
Haha that's Heath - I get all my biltong and boerie from him. Biltong and Bangers is his baby.A South African food company based in the UK have offered to purchase Pronutro from PepsiCo in the hopes of continuing production.
View attachment 1940327
Only a matter of time before they ruin Weet-Bix too
That's what happened to me and Future life, had that, went back to pronutro post 2017 and it was like wtafIMO, they already have.
Weet-Bix had been my go-to breakfast for about 20-years. I got the impression in recent years that bricks had gotten smaller and looked more ''brickish''. Like a solid lump. The taste also started being ''meh''.
Someone said I should try Nutrific, so I did. At first an adjustment to the taste and texture, but I got used to it.
I finished the box and went back to Weet-Bix.
What a load of sh*t. Like eating a compacted brick of cardboard.
It's kinda a lie since the taste and consistency already changed when they got rid of the wheat many many years ago.As I understand it, the flavour and consistency was very dependent on the original machinery, which has now been dismantled and destroyed. If that is indeed the case, then any other company will struggle to bring it to the same level o0f acceptance as it was before. It's a lose / lose scenario. I'm afraid it may be gone for good, and this is what Pepsico knows.