ProNutro, lets talk about it

Thoughts on the new "improved" ProNutro

  • Love it

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Hate it

    Votes: 28 32.2%
  • Whats ProNutro?

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • It changed?

    Votes: 50 57.5%

  • Total voters
    87
  • Poll closed .
Only thing I remember about Pronutro was that we use to feed it to the puppies before they moved to Epol.
aka it was dog food.

Then again I did grow up on a farm where kids got "Mielie" or "Matabela" pap with fresh cow milk. Grown ups got "pap & eiers".
 
Yep, it is that one. I am not even willing to call it a ProNutro substitute since I don't know whether ProNutro as I knew it is even still ProNutro. The Woolworth Hi-Energy cereal is good, real good in my opinion. For those who want ProNutro, better than the classic, get the Original Hi-Energy.

Also not available.

1790350521917.png
 
(Opinion) ProNutro axed before Heritage Day: A lesson on ignoring public

The day before Heritage Day, PepsiCo, the makers of ProNutro, announced they were killing the iconic South African brand. In terms of timing, it really was a signature statement.

Samuel Johnson once described oats as “a grain, which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland supports the people”.

ProNutro was probably our variant.

It was developed in 1962, as a special nutritional supplement to combat protein deficiency and malnutrition.

Some people loved it, I didn’t.
 
Only a matter of time before they ruin Weet-Bix too

IMO, they already have.

Weet-Bix had been my go-to breakfast for about 20-years. I got the impression in recent years that bricks had gotten smaller and looked more ''brickish''. Like a solid lump. The taste also started being ''meh''.

Someone said I should try Nutrific, so I did. At first an adjustment to the taste and texture, but I got used to it.

I finished the box and went back to Weet-Bix.

What a load of sh*t. Like eating a compacted brick of cardboard.
 
As I understand it, the flavour and consistency was very dependent on the original machinery, which has now been dismantled and destroyed. If that is indeed the case, then any other company will struggle to bring it to the same level o0f acceptance as it was before. It's a lose / lose scenario. I'm afraid it may be gone for good, and this is what Pepsico knows.
 
IMO, they already have.

Weet-Bix had been my go-to breakfast for about 20-years. I got the impression in recent years that bricks had gotten smaller and looked more ''brickish''. Like a solid lump. The taste also started being ''meh''.

Someone said I should try Nutrific, so I did. At first an adjustment to the taste and texture, but I got used to it.

I finished the box and went back to Weet-Bix.

What a load of sh*t. Like eating a compacted brick of cardboard.
That's what happened to me and Future life, had that, went back to pronutro post 2017 and it was like wtaf
 
As I understand it, the flavour and consistency was very dependent on the original machinery, which has now been dismantled and destroyed. If that is indeed the case, then any other company will struggle to bring it to the same level o0f acceptance as it was before. It's a lose / lose scenario. I'm afraid it may be gone for good, and this is what Pepsico knows.
It's kinda a lie since the taste and consistency already changed when they got rid of the wheat many many years ago.
Plus how does future life come closer to the OG? Hell even this wasn't as bad as the wheat free pronutro was
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X