PS5 or XBox Series X

PS5 Xbox Series X


  • Total voters
    87
  • Poll closed .
Ok thanks. I do have fibre, but have no idea how to "power cycle" it.

Quite frankly, I think it is the PS5 that is the issue. Nothing else.

Something else I didn't mention before - the few times I almost got connected, some message flashed up, to be replaced in half a second by the server timed out or whatever message. I think this might hold the crux of the issue, but no way could I ever see it in time.
Have you been able to establish if it's your connection or the console itself? Can't you take it to family/friend/work and try setup there?
 
/+Somebody's Miles Morales disappeared from their PS5 on the SAG forum. Just a silly bug lurking somewhere.

With the bugs I am seeing reported on both consoles, it seems we have entered the era where not only are gamers debugging games for the developers, but also debugging consoles for the manufacturers now.

A few people on PS4 FB groups had the same issue as well.

There was an 800 MB (+/-) firmware update released but I don't think that fixed the problem.
 
@RazedInBlack yeah, my boy is 12 and in his words "bugsnax is somehow enjoyable". the extra controller is more "mine" so it can be handled with additional care when he uses it, but yeah the charge lasts quite a while. I cant find those dual charger things, are they delayed?

I'm sure my boy will be finishing the 'old' spiderman again too, I got the remaster with Miles and it looks pretty good. He loved that game.

@AfricanTech
Not sure, hope not. I can only guess that it was "compressed" to fit the launch windows, pretty sure dlc wouldn't be too far off. Also, not having to wait for loading screens helped quite a bit to finish it quickly. I wonder how much time we lost on the ps4 waiting for the thing to load....
 
Last edited:
@RazedInBlack yeah, my boy is 12 and in his words "bugsnax is somehow enjoyable". the extra controller is more "mine" so it can be handled with additional care when he uses it, but yeah the charge lasts quite a while. I cant find those dual charger things, are they delayed?

I'm sure my boy will be finishing the 'old' spiderman again too, I got the remaster with Miles and it looks pretty good. He loved that game.

@AfricanTech
Not sure, hope not. I can only guess that it was "compressed" to fit the launch windows, pretty sure dlc wouldn't be too far off. Also, not having to wait for loading screens helped quite a bit to finish it quickly. I wonder how much time we lost on the ps4 waiting for the thing to load....

Game4U has

 
Day 3 with PS5

No issues . . . yet.

My initial set up and install went quite smooth without any hiccups. Logging onto the PS5 and setting up user, PSN connection also no issues.

Only one minor issue, my AC: Valhalla install disappeared when I powered on the PS5 yesterday. I reinstalled and updated and fortunately the save file was still on the system.
same here but with demon's souls
just disappeared and had to reinstall it yesterday
 
Another game comparison


Embarrassing show by MS to be honest. Will probably get some flak for this but after the AC Valhalla vid I refunded my XSX. Will pick up a PS5 when I can and will enjoy any gamepass titles on my aging PC for the time being :)
If it's a problem with the XBS SDK then it means both consoles have released with half-baked software, Xbox with a buggy SDK and PS with a buggy UI.

Looks like the best time to get the consoles will be 2nd half of 21. I was initially drawn to the Series S but looking at its performance I may also go the PC route.
 
Another game comparison


Embarrassing show by MS to be honest. Will probably get some flak for this but after the AC Valhalla vid I refunded my XSX. Will pick up a PS5 when I can and will enjoy any gamepass titles on my aging PC for the time being :)

That is 2 for 2 where the PS5 is faster/has better graphics than the "most powerful console".
I expect the Xbox's raw TFLOP advantage to help it in some games, but as I expected the XBSX doesn't have a clear advantage.
 
That is 2 for 2 where the PS5 is faster/has better graphics than the "most powerful console".
I expect the Xbox's raw TFLOP advantage to help it in some games, but as I expected the XBSX doesn't have a clear advantage.

PS5 performed better in COD BO (120 fps mode), AC Valhalla, and now Dirt 5. The only one that's on the fence is DMC since they basically traded blows in different modes. But still, as you said. If you take away the performance factor then at least the PS5 still has exclusives and an interesting controller. The XSX probably needs a year or two to shine
 
If it's a problem with the XBS SDK then it means both consoles have released with half-baked software, Xbox with a buggy SDK and PS with a buggy UI.

Looks like the best time to get the consoles will be 2nd half of 21. I was initially drawn to the Series S but looking at its performance I may also go the PC route.
One of the reasons I'm holding off until next year. 3rd party devs haven't had time to optimise games for it because of the delay with the SDK.

The other reason being the teething issues with the first few batches of consoles. And this goes for the PS5 too...
 
Even I am looking at the PS5 DE with more interest lately. Lol. OMG, how embarrassing. Where is Splinter....

Microsoft needs to pull up their socks and explain these crap performances compared to PS.
 
Another game comparison


Embarrassing show by MS to be honest. Will probably get some flak for this but after the AC Valhalla vid I refunded my XSX. Will pick up a PS5 when I can and will enjoy any gamepass titles on my aging PC for the time being :)

I'm very disappointed in Microsoft at this point in time. I'd like them to say something about this. On paper the Series X should win by far. John Linneman says that it's probably because of tooling and that it will get better. Even then, it's disappointing to see. MS is really good at messing up their console launches.
 
same here but with demon's souls
just disappeared and had to reinstall it yesterday
If it seems like your games are disappearing, just check your game library (rightmost icon on the home screen). Only the top few most recently used apps are shown, from what I could tell. The rest appear in the library.

I had a similar experience myself, and was about to panic until I checked the library.
 
I've always been an Xbox fan. Had all the consoles. Only ever owned a PSOne. But this time round, I have decided to get the PS5 - one day when somewhere has stock of them again. I see there are some glitches and stuff; but it is mostly SW related and thus, an update can resolve it. So not too worried there.
 
If it seems like your games are disappearing, just check your game library (rightmost icon on the home screen). Only the top few most recently used apps are shown, from what I could tell. The rest appear in the library.

I had a similar experience myself, and was about to panic until I checked the library.
i don't think that was the case for me as when i put the disc it had to reinstall completely.
 
Yeah that makes sense. Microsoft was pushing right up to the end to develop the best hardware they could and create a unified platform for PC and console development.

I don't mind that, there aren't lots of unique games for now so next year's games should benefit from developers who've had more time with the dev kits. Microsoft will also have had time to release updates to their dev kits and educate developers on their use.

These consoles will be around for so long that it's better to release janky software at the start on the best hardware base and fix it, than release the most stable second-place console from the start.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X