PS5

EventHorizon

Hey guys, I see Raru has a ps5 for 12k. Never heard of them before, are they legit? No hassles?

SHL

Expert Member

Splinter

Honorary Master
I wonder how many folks gave them their money before Raru's "allocation ran out". The fun they going to have getting refunds...

Iwojima

Expert Member
Hey guys, I see Raru has a ps5 for 12k. Never heard of them before, are they legit? No hassles?
Rules of dealing with Raru:
1) Never order anything that is not in stock already.
2) Never order anything you may have to return later.

DuckKnuckle

Expert Member
Those of you with the Sony Pulse 3D headset, are you happy with it? I’m tempted to get it, but want some real world opinions

Splinter

Honorary Master
Those of you with the Sony Pulse 3D headset, are you happy with it? I’m tempted to get it, but want some real world opinions

Yep. I stated some issues with it a while ago, but that was because I didn't understand how to balance it between mic and headphones.

Having said that, I haven't experienced what folks who play Returnal have had to say about it.

DuckKnuckle

Expert Member
Yep. I stated some issues with it a while ago, but that was because I didn't understand how to balance it between mic and headphones.

Having said that, I haven't experienced what folks who play Returnal have had to say about it.

Can’t say I’m familiar with the Returnal issues, but from the reviews it looks to be a good buy.

wtg

In case anyone was wondering when the next batch of consoles land in SA, it's on Monday. BT will start shipping them out later next week

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Y'all seen this?

963a1e752b73febe70b71596288448ee.jpg

They do both drive and digital editions

Sony didn't advertise this but they're designed to be replaced!

No screws, just angled hooks you line up with the holes.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack

PS5 Console Exclusive Forspoken Aims to Be the Best Looking Open World Game Ever​

Square Enix has lofty ambitions for Forspoken, its new PlayStation 5 console exclusive action role-playing game. Speaking as part of a puff piece for AMD’s FidelityFX Super Resolution technology, Luminous Productions studio boss Takeshi Aramaki explained that the developer’s goal is “to achieve the highest quality visuals ever seen in an open world game”. Given the context of the video, Aramaki goes on to explain how the DLSS alternative is helping the team to achieve that.

To simplify an extremely complicated algorithm, FidelityFX Super Resolution utilises machine learning to reconstruct lower resolution images and output them with more clarity. This means that, in essence, games can achieve 4K without demanding the computational power required to output the resolution natively. This gives more headroom to developers to create bigger, denser worlds, while still ensuring good image quality at 60 frames-per-second.

“I believe AMD's GPU Open philosophy is raising the entire gaming industry's technical standards, which in turn benefits all players,” Aramaki added. “We can't wait for players to get their hands on Forspoken and experience the next-gen graphics that were made possible by FSR.” Assuming you can’t wait, though, there are some (very) brief new gameplay tidbits interspersed throughout the video above, which should whet your appetite ahead of the title’s next big showcase.

Arzy

Honorary Master
Where can I get a catalogue of games available on PS Plus or elsewhere?

Kids are 6 and 10 so they will be hogging the console most of the time should I decide to get one.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Where can I get a catalogue of games available on PS Plus or elsewhere?

Kids are 6 and 10 so they will be hogging the console most of the time should I decide to get one.

PS plus games that you can claim change monthly and is revealed every month over at https://www.playstation.com/en-za/ps-plus/this-month-on-ps-plus/

As for buying PS 5 you get 20 extra games if you have Plus subscription

Full list Seen Here https://www.gamesradar.com/playstation-plus-collection-game-list/