Quitting smoking tomorrow

Myrrdin

Expert Member
Good going bud. Day six for me, though I'm prone to cheating so technically Its always day one. :D

Day 3 was definitely the worst for me.

SupaC's and water help, but the water seems to stimulate appetite so you may want to take how much weight you can afford to gain into account.
Go to Dischem and get vitamin C powder its about R40 for 15 days supply. 1000 mg or something like that, a huge dose. Take with water in the morning. Just not enough vitamin C in SupaC's. I also take stamina gro multivite. That seems to curb the appetite. Just keep a few fruit for snacks. Had an apple this morning. Still have two oranges left.

Debbie

Banned
Go to Dischem and get vitamin C powder its about R40 for 15 days supply. 1000 mg or something like that, a huge dose. Take with water in the morning. Just not enough vitamin C in SupaC's. I also take stamina gro multivite. That seems to curb the appetite. Just keep a few fruit for snacks. Had an apple this morning. Still have two oranges left.
Use/don't use- Vitamin C makes the body metabolise nicotine faster. Good idea to take loads of vitamin C the first few days of your quit if you're going cold turkey and want the withdrawal to last as short as possible.

ernstn

Expert Member
who smokes 80 a day? :eek::eek:
I used to until 6 years and 6 months ago! Maybe did not smoke all of them,because a good proportion of them just burned away in the ashtray.

But adjust it yourself to suit your own personal circumstances. i am also unsure what a cigarette costs nowadays!

johnnygirl

good luck!!! it's the most difficult addiction to kick. i take my hat off to those who do it.

guest2013-1

Addictions aren't really difficult to kick. Then again, any addiction requires effort and I just don't really see the point in going through the effort for a small payoff like "stress relief" (excuse smokers use)

Debbie

Banned
Addictions aren't really difficult to kick. Then again, any addiction requires effort and I just don't really see the point in going through the effort for a small payoff like "stress relief" (excuse smokers use)
Absolutely true that addictions are not difficult to give up.

It's making the choice to give up that's the difficult part :)

Keeper

Honorary Master
Are the "Rubber Boots in motion" or was it an Epic Fail? Nick?

If you gonna quit smokin u gonna pick up weight - i hope when you wanna lose weight again you don't go back to smoking again....

Nick333

Honorary Master
Are the "Rubber Boots in motion" or was it an Epic Fail? Nick?
I wouldn't call it a fail. More of a temporary setback. I'm still adament that I will be an ex-smoker in the very near future. The fiance is going away for a bit from tomorrow which is good 'cos being around a smoker when you're trying to quit is tough. As of friday I'm going cold turkey. I'm going to lock myself up at home alone and sweat it out.

If you gonna quit smokin u gonna pick up weight - i hope when you wanna lose weight again you don't go back to smoking again....
Well I could probably afford to gain 10 kgs or so. Only problem is I'm at that age when extra-weight seems to settle in the middle. Should be a good time to dust off the old weight's and bench.

Nick333

Honorary Master
have u stopped? How is it going then?
More like cut down drastically. Like I said I'm going cold turkey on friday. I've been smoking a bit more today and actually just not enjoying it at all. Addictions suck big.

bullfrog

Expert Member
More like cut down drastically. Like I said I'm going cold turkey on friday. I've been smoking a bit more today and actually just not enjoying it at all. Addictions suck big.
See the cycle. The problem is that it's always tomorrow or the next day.

If you are going the cut down route to eventually quitting then you need to make a solid plan and stick to it.

If you're going the cold turkey route then it's now or never, not tomorrow. I know it's tough but the tomorrow thing is only a form of procrastination. There will always be more stressful times and on Friday is probably gonna be the same thing. So stop procrastinating and make a solid plan and stick to it or just stop. It's a vicious cycle and you got to stop it.

Nick333

Honorary Master
See the cycle. The problem is that it's always tomorrow or the next day.

If you are going the cut down route to eventually quitting then you need to make a solid plan and stick to it.

If you're going the cold turkey route then it's now or never, not tomorrow. I know it's tough but the tomorrow thing is only a form of procrastination. There will always be more stressful times and on Friday is probably gonna be the same thing. So stop procrastinating and make a solid plan and stick to it or just stop. It's a vicious cycle and you got to stop it.
I hear you but its not about stress. I could be constantly stressed if I allowed myself to be. I chose friday because my smoking fiance will be gone for over a week from tomorrow and I wont have her smoking the house up.

Kokop

Get some Quit.

potent stuff. Been using it this week, gone from 20 a day to maybe 3 (in evening)

Also gone a bit of a detox, no wine, fresh fruit for breaky, lunch and some homemade vege soup for dinner.

All helps to do these things together. Strangely got more work done this week (until now, bored)

Lets all keep going, I do not want to be lying in a bed at 50 with emphysema...

Myrrdin

Expert Member
The biggest shock when you quit smoking is finding out what fast food really tastes like.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now be honest. If you ran RJR-Nabisco, wouldn't you be tempted to slip a little nicotine into your crackers?
Nothing like a good saltine to relax you.
And a half hour later you want another one.
After a good meal, you'd lean back and suck on a nice cracker.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember, smoking doesn’t kill people. People who are trying to quit smoking kill people.

One poll says 73% of Americans favor raising the cigarette tax. It's only fair. Since smokers aren't around as long as the rest of us, they should pay more while they're here.

I quit smoking once for six days. And then they untied me.

Trying to quit smoking can drive you nuts -- especially when you try to light your nicotine gum.

Marlboro has a line of outdoor gear for smokers. They recommend you buy it a size larger so paramedics don’t have to cut it off of you.

The Marlboro clothing is very functional. The denim jacket has electric heart paddles
sewed right into the lining, and there’s a backpack that can hold a portable respirator.

I stopped smoking and extended my life expectancy. My wife is furious.