Quitting smoking tomorrow

Nick333

Honorary Master
So day four without any cigarettes and its not so bad. Yesterday sucked until late evening when it suddenly stopped sucking so bad and I actually managed to get some sleep.

@Myrrdin and Kokop and anyone else quitting, howzit going?

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
So day four without any cigarettes and its not so bad. Yesterday sucked until late evening when it suddenly stopped sucking so bad and I actually managed to get some sleep.

@Myrrdin and Kokop and anyone else quitting, howzit going?
Good on ya - sounds like your over the initial hump. kudos!

ernstn

Expert Member
Congratulate yourselves, and renew the resolve never to smoke again. It is worth the battle.

You are doing fine so keep going, you can do it!

Datura

Captain Faptastic
Staff member
Great thread. Perhaps this is exactly what I need to read to give me the push to quit this disgusting habit!

Nick333

Honorary Master
Great thread. Perhaps this is exactly what I need to read to give me the push to quit this disgusting habit!
Just do it! Thats all I can say. Its actually amazing how we BS ourselves into believing we enjoy it (well if you're smoking 3 or 4 a day its actually fccking awesome. Good luck maintaining a four a day habit though).

ernstn

Expert Member
How are all the non-smokers doing? Hope you are still not smoking, because by now it should already be a lot easier.!

Kalvaer

Expert Member
I failed.. Lasted 3 days after my operation and went mad (blaming the meds, but I know its all in my head and I was looking for an excuse).

Still kicking myself and hating it all the way

Nick333

Honorary Master
I failed.. Lasted 3 days after my operation and went mad (blaming the meds, but I know its all in my head and I was looking for an excuse).

Still kicking myself and hating it all the way
I lasted 5 days. Blamed it on lack of sleep. I am officially a big ****. I'll give it another go soon.

ernstn

Expert Member
Oh No, at least you have discovered the biggest problem with quitting smoking, it is not the withdrawal but it is all in the head! Better luck next time, and to the others, do not quit!

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
I had already been off for about 3 weeks before this thread started but still going strong and feeling alot better about life.

ernstn

Expert Member
@Rocket-Boy Well done. There are still going to be temptations ahead, but they happen less frequently.

I have given up three times in my life:
6 months
9 months
and now six and a half years.

So please do not be as foolish as I was during the first two times.