RAIN 4G / Pretoria Hatfield

sts_python_dev

Hello,
I'm planning to recommend Rain R250 / 4G LTE deal to somebody and I would like to hear from people in Pretoria Hatfield how is Rain performing over there ?

What's the the average speed are you getting?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Not sure but I doubt speeds will be good. Remember that Vodacom users roam on Rain too and hatfield being right there in the centre it will likely be slowish.

Why don't you just get a sim and test it. With Rain mobile you just switch the uncapped option on and off and then take the sim out of the router and then you don't get charged so when you maybe want to try and use it again in a few months time you can without having to buy a new sim again.

sts_python_dev

Not sure but I doubt speeds will be good. Remember that Vodacom users roam on Rain too and hatfield being right there in the centre it will likely be slowish.

Why don't you just get a sim and test it. With Rain mobile you just switch the uncapped option on and off and then take the sim out of the router and then you don't get charged so when you maybe want to try and use it again in a few months time you can without having to buy a new sim again.
OK thanks,
I will suggest that.

sts_python_dev

She's getting 18 - 40 Mbps,
Which is a major improvement compered to the Telkom LTE-A she had which been getting here no more than 5 Mbps these last 2 weeks.