Rain and storm for Cpt

Luke7777

Executive Member
Quick heads-up:
A significant cold-front will pass over the SW-Cape on Sun 26th, bringing unseasonably cold weather, wind and some rain. Plan accordingly!
Just get that cable-laying ship out of there before then :D

MirageF1

Executive Member
Weather looks threatening this side, dark foreboding clouds ..sprinkling of rain no doubt to come..a few mm perhaps

saor

Honorary Master
Anyone know where the fire is?
Smoke over the mountain.
Dunno where the fire thread is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Youngsfield ...normal veld fire...spewing up plenty of smoke/haze
Happens every year (I'm in Kenilworth). The only difference is how close the smoke lingers to the ground, depending on the wind and weather.

Edit: Quite a late start to the fire season this year, with protracted rains until the middle of December.

Rocco1

Expert Member
“The City’s Fire and Rescue services team is working to contain the vegetation fire along the M5, near Youngsfield Military Base. Seven firefighting appliances and 52 staff members are on scene. The fire has not been contained and smoke is traveling as far as the CBD. Cape Town traffic is affected. Updates will follow later in the day.”
COCT statement
M5 closed in both directions - traffic fun :)

Nemus

Expert Member
Nice bit of light drizzle this morning. Very nice. Birds are chirpy chirping.
Yeah really enjoyed the fresh smell and crisp air. Any chance of proper showers anytime soon?
I see there's around 3mm predicted for Monday

MirageF1

Executive Member
Nice bit of light drizzle this morning. Very nice. Birds are chirpy chirping.
Just been outside to switch my geyser on and quite unexpectedly walked into a small puddle... :rolleyes:
Nice and cool for a change as well.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Any chance of proper showers anytime soon? I see there's around 3mm predicted for Monday
Earlier in the week the outlook for Sun 16th was good, but the chances of rain keep diminishing. Should be a bit cooler though.

Nemus

Expert Member
Earlier in the week the outlook for Sun 16th was good, but the chances of rain keep diminishing. Should be a bit cooler though.
I noticed that yes. At some point (last week perhaps) there was still rain for tomorrow as well.
Ok, well i'll braai then

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
madness this morning
took me 61min to get to work on my bike
amazing how a little drizzle causes dozens of accidents
cape tonians are the worst drivers ever
:mad:

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
amazing how a little drizzle causes dozens of accidents
After a long dry spell, a little drizzle brings up the oil and makes the road extra slippery. Also hard to see anything if your car is dirty from the SE wind.