Rain and storm for Cpt

Strange

The wind in Kylemore (outside Stellenbosch) has been crazy and it is not stopping. Uprooted and broken trees everywhere. We were without power for a day as Eskom techs are battling to restore broken lines.

Supervan II

The wind in Kylemore (outside Stellenbosch) has been crazy and it is not stopping. Uprooted and broken trees everywhere. We were without power for a day as Eskom techs are battling to restore broken lines.
Is Cape Town still there on the west coast or has it blown eastwards?
*looks out of window*

MirageF1

Executive Member
Reminds me of the folk living out Kraaifontein/Parow or Strand way saying they live in C.T.

Not in my books! :D Heaven forbid.

Geography revisionists.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Reminds me of the folk living out Kraaifontein/Parow or Strand way saying they live in C.T.

Not in my books! :D Heaven forbid.

Geography revisionists.
Off topic, but all part of Greater Cape Town, an administrative region that includes Steenbras Dam, but excludes Stellenvbosch.

Then even Belville should be excluded...go to Belville and CY (see why) as the saying goes.
Fine in my books.
Belleville is only 20km from the CBD, while Simonstown is 40km.

Edit: This is a rainfall thread, and there is a bigger difference between the CBD and Newlands, than there is between the CBD and The Strand.

MirageF1

Executive Member
Off topic, but all part of Greater Cape Town, an administrative region that includes Steenbras Dam, but excludes Stellenvbosch.

Belleville is only 20km from the CBD, while Simonstown is 40km.
Technically yes....

air

Expert Member
Just checked the weekly report from CoCT, TWK had approx 90mm of rain over last 3 days, I would hv expected an uplift, but nothing...

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Reactions: air

Supervan II

Thunderbolts and lightning - very, very frightening in PE!

Coming down in buckets at the moment. Thanks to the Cape Town winds a day or so ago. :cool:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Some rain in the Karoo but very patchy. The places that did get rain got plenty, as high as 130 mm, other places got less than 10 mm.