Rain and storm for Cpt

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
lol. well this is true, but they still make stupid laws. so this just fizzled out then?
I don't know the exact details. The only people affected by the proposed law would have been those foolish enough to try to 'sell' their forecasts. There are so many free sources, that would be a lose-lose strategy anyway.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Just about everywhere else, Weather forecasts are "a public good service" and completely free to everyone. And that means it is one of those services that should be just about completely funded by the taxpayer

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Mostly a quiet fire season, but strong SE winds are causing problems on the Paarl side of Du Toits Kloof:

Edit: Fire has grown, new thread in the main forum:

Last edited:

saor

Honorary Master
Anyone know what's burning toward what looks like Salt River somewhere?

PicsArt_02-29-07.13.15.jpg

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
What are the predictions for Sunday, the day of the Cape Argus please anyone?

WAslayer

Expert Member
What are the predictions for Sunday, the day of the Cape Argus please anyone?
Lance Armstrong by 2 hours...

Ohhh, you meant weather prediction.. As of late, weather predictions here have been hit or miss, currently looking to be around 22 °c max with ~10knots wind..

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Have not caught up with CT in a while, is the drought still there? Has it improved or no more drought?

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
The weather today (Sun 8th) for the Cycle Tour has turned out a bit different from what I visualised, but it is a strange kind of event. Conditions have been cool, with a light wind at first, freshening later.

What I did not expect were rumbles of thunder, a Black South Easter, and rain showers over False Bay!