Rain and storm for Cpt

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
That is 3 minutes faster than me on my old 26er mountain bike with fat knobbly tyres.

Perfect weather.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
The South Easter wind is pumping today (Sun 15th). There is currently a fire on the Kloof Nek saddle, and the Signal Hill Road is currently closed.

Edit: Belated news update:

Twitter updates: https://twitter.com/hashtag/TafelbergRoadFire?src=hashtag_click&f=live

Image from the Milnerton webcam at 2pm:
hour1400[20200315_cloth_windy_LH-fire].jpg

Latest live image: http://www.kapstadt.de/webcam.jpg

Last edited:

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
A well developed cold-front will brush the SW-Cape later on Wed 25th, bringing strong winds and some rain (2-5mm in places). It will also bring sharply lower temperatures to the entire southern half of SA on Thurs 26th:

tmax2m_114[20200327_0000].gif

DWPTA

Expert Member
So far a high of 16 is expected on Monday for Stellenbosch with 50% chance of rain.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
So far a high of 16 is expected on Monday for Stellenbosch with 50% chance of rain.
Definitely cooler during parts of this week, but limited amounts of rain expected (I ignore the percentage numbers). Warmer later this week, then cooler next Monday.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
A pair of weak to moderate cold-fronts will brush the SW-Cape today (Sun 5th) and tomorrow (Mon 6th), bringing modest amounts of rain (2-5mm in places). Extremely cold air will move in behind the 2nd front, bringing significantly cooler than average daytime temperatures tomorrow (Mon 6th), and spreading to the entire southern half of the country on Tues 7th.

This is the predicted maximum temperature chart for tomorrow (Mon 6th).

tmax2m_042[20200407_0000].gif

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Solar geyser. Was off for months and when I checked this afternoon it was at 40'C.

I need to shower daily... for... reasons.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Several forecasts are predicting significant rain overnight (20-30mm in places), with particularly heavy falls near the mountains. A storm and flood warning has been issued:
Heavy rain leading to localised flooding is expected over the extreme south-western areas of the Western Cape but mainly on the mountainous areas. A Gale Force north-westerly wind of 65-70km/h is expected between Table Bay and Cape Agulhas early tomorrow morning and along the south and south-east coast of the Eastern Cape, moderating from the west from late morning.