Rain and storm for Cpt

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
I haven't checked any of the rain gauges yet, but there are impressive waterfalls coming down the eastern side of Table Mountain!

Edit: 19mm in our gauge in Kenilworth this morning.

It looks like most of the rain has passed (8am), though there will be further fronts during the week.

It will be extremely cold over the weekend, with widespread snow likely on Sun 16th.

Last edited:

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
Wasn't too bad on the jet ski this morning coming in to work, my crotch is slightly moist from the rain so Im not complaining :thumbsup:

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
I spent R650 on tubing to get water to flow from the gutters to my pool and I didn't need them. This rain has been more than enough to fill it. In fact, if it carries on, I'm going to have to backwash.

Listening to it chucking down now. And with more forecast over the next few days into the weekend, I'm not complaining.

wingnut771

Executive Member
I spent R650 on tubing to get water to flow from the gutters to my pool and I didn't need them. This rain has been more than enough to fill it. In fact, if it carries on, I'm going to have to backwash.

Listening to it chucking down now. And with more forecast over the next few days into the weekend, I'm not complaining.
spend some more and get a jojo.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master

Its beautiful.. luckily I'm done with my brick work on my house extension.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
It's absolutely pouring over here. I actually felt like making a quick fire again. My timing sucks!

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
18mm in gauge here in Kenilworth, but dry this morning. Hopefully a day or two of sunshine, ahead of another cold and damp weekend. Snow is likely on Sat 15th, but the models are backing off a bit in the amount and distribution of precipitation.

MirageF1

Executive Member
Yes this prolonged wind and cold puts a damper on the spirits.
A nice respite would be welcome; my succulent agrees as well. Tired of being battered onto its side.

IMG_20200813_071726.jpg

Reminds me only too well of ol' blitey.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
The next cold-front on Sat 15th will bring limited amounts of rain (and some snow) to the SW-Cape, but will produce extremely cold temperatures across almost the entire country by Sun 16th:

tmax2m_090[20200817_0000_crop].gif