• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Two-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Chromecast, Branded Gear, and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.
  • Giveaway - Win a DiskStation DS918+ and Active Backup Suite from Synology. Enter Here.

Rain Dashboard

RichardG

Honorary Master
Noticed Rain Dashboard now displays total gigs used (data now displaying) , expiry date of free unlimited data days shown once again.

Would be nice if they can add a pie graph on how much data is used daily with total.

SlowInternet

Executive Member
Noticed Rain Dashboard now displays total gigs used (data now displaying) , expiry date of free unlimited data days shown once again.

Would be nice if they can add a pie graph on how much data is used daily with total.
And you can now also change your spend limit and edit sim name

phly

Since we can now see data used - Anyone have any idea if the amount of gigs shown is gigs used in this month of July only or since the first day use of the sim.

Surprisingly I also don't see anyone throwing numbers around in terms of gigs used. Maybe folks are still waking up.

The_Summoner

Usage details are for July only. Used 240GB in June, only showing 70GB in dashboard now

Last edited:

namzsteve

Expert Member
I am so sorry for this but I really want to get this for my parents but hell I don't get how it works til now, could someone please kindly explain it in non-IT terms;

23:00-18:00 - R250 unlimited data OR R50 per GB if I don't take out the R250
18:00-23:00 - R250 (First 15 days are free)

Please correct me

Yuu

Expert Member
I am so sorry for this but I really want to get this for my parents but hell I don't get how it works til now, could someone please kindly explain it in non-IT terms;

23:00-18:00 - R250 unlimited data OR R50 per GB if I don't take out the R250
18:00-23:00 - R250 (First 15 days are free)

Please correct me
18:00 - 23:00 peak time - charged at 5c/MB end of month. You can set your limit at a minimum of R50 which is 1GB.
23:00 - 18:00 off-peak time at R250 unlimited data.

**First time you order, you are charged R120 for delivery/sim to which first 15 days is free to use. No off-peak/peak, 24/7.

phly

I find it hard to believe I have used so much in 6 days - A linux distro here and there and mostly youtube and twitch. But even on youtube I cannot get 4k. I guess when it rains on my end it pours. Thanks Rain. Will continue this relationship next month.

Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 1.06.41 PM.png

cavedog

Honorary Master
I'm probably going to get flamed for this but 200gb+ in just 6 days is excessive guys....

That means you guys will reach 1TB at the end of the month give or take. Honestly I don't think Rain will keep it like that. It's LTE afterall and if you were on a 100Mbps openserve fibre line with Mweb you would have been throttled @350gb already.

Just something to think about. My guess would be caps or strict fup introduced by end of next month...

MirageF1

I'm probably going to get flamed for this but 200gb+ in just 6 days is excessive guys....

That means you guys will reach 1TB at the end of the month give or take. Honestly I don't think Rain will keep it like that. It's LTE afterall and if you were on a 100Mbps openserve fibre line with Mweb you would have been throttled @350gb already.

Just something to think about. My guess would be caps or strict fup introduced by end of next month...
I've watched some people crowing about dl'ing 100s GB's as if this is a unlimited resource being entirely for their own disposal, and can safely assume that they will be the cause of their own and others woes shortly...
P.S Cue water usage

Stand by for the most vociferous complaints by same said individuals when caps are introduced.

Like they say - the many often have to suffer because of the actions of a few.

Last edited:
Seriously, what the heck do you guys download .. at work on 50mbps symmetrical line , used by 70 people and we hardly can get utilization above 25mbps and 1.2Tb amongst us all in a month and I have a 5.5tb FUP POLICY .Filtering software blocks torrenting , but everything else open.