Rain LTE-A on Mikrotik SXT LTE

0ajw

Hi all

Just wondering, I just ordered a Rain Sim from Afrihost, and was wondering if the SXT LTE will be on the allowed devices to connect to the network since now they are blocking cellular devices from accessing their network. The SXT LTE can connect to the network and is not a phone. Does anyone know

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
Just wondering, I just ordered a Rain Sim from Afrihost, and was wondering if the SXT LTE will be on the allowed devices to connect to the network since now they are blocking cellular devices from accessing their network. The SXT LTE can connect to the network and is not a phone. Does anyone know
Well, it's not on their list:
https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/917419-Rain-LTE-A-SIMs-to-stop-working-in-smartphones
  • Huawei B315
  • Huawei B618
  • Huawei B2338 (Outdoor)
  • ZTE MF253
  • ZTE MF283+
  • ZTE MF286

davyb

Hi all

I think @highvoltage used the sxt lte device. He will be able to confirm.

highvoltage

I can confirm that it stopped working on November 1. So that means I'm paying for this month for nothing. Afrihost also completely fails to understand the issue and is just telling me to reboot / hard reset the router.

Leno

I wonder who we can pressure for them to approve the SXT-LTE as you dont get more fixed LTE than that (normally mounted)

In fact I am surprised they don't actually recommend this unit as an outdoor solution

0ajw

@Afrihost-Gian Can we not maybe see if Internet Solutions/RAIN-LTE can add this device to their supported Devices. I have 2 Sims from you guys and cannot use the second as it No Longer works in my Mikrotik SXT LTE Device

SilverNodashi

Expert Member
Does anyone have an update on this? I would also like to use a MikroTik SXT-LTE router on the RAIN LTE network.

raymondr15

Their FAQ states that it should work with ANY LTE capable device. I am going to be purchasing a wAP LTE Kit from MikroTik soon to test if it'll work with that.