53.8 KB · Views: 43

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
View attachment 1001974
Ping: 30ms
Download: 0.89Mbps
Upload: 5.54Mbps

Just got my rain sim set up and RICA'd. Is this the general speeds expected on 4G unlimited? Dont understand how I can 5.5Mbps upload and .89Mpbs download - mind you this is the highest download speed I've experienced since yesterday, uploads always seem to be much higher than downloads. Also this is the only device connected to the router & no updates/background apps running.
Hi @325i

Please provide me with your email via PM

Ashwinmuthu1419

Hi, I got my rain sim 2 days ago, my phone has 4g, I received apn settings I followed it still not working I keep getting a message from rain saying the sim is offline because its in the incorrect device to get connected insert into a 4g phone, there is no net at all

Last edited:

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi, I got my rain sim 2 days ago, my phone has 4g, I received apn settings I followed it still not working I keep getting a message from rain saying the sim is offline because its in the incorrect device to get connected insert into a 4g phone, there is no net at all
Hi @Ashwinmuthu1419

I have received your PM and i responded back

Casey1511

Does anyone know what is up with Rain upload and download speeds? I got an external antenna last week, so my reception is at 4 out of 5 bars, and I have gone up from under 1Mbps download and no upload speed, but still? Is this the best you get with Rain?

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 11.37.49.png

TaKula77

Activated 4G Rain sim a few days ago as a back up. I cancelled fibre with Webafrica after the whole debit order disaster and was not sure how long it will take for the new ISP to setup and migrate the fibre service so figured ill give Rain a go as i was thinking i can also use it in my dual sim smartphone.

Huawei B315 router, I was ok the first day - struggled the second day - useless the third day - cancelled the service on the 3rd day. Test result - great signal connecting to a tower not to far away, day 1 I was seeing 20Mbps downloads. Luckily the fibre with the new ISP is up and running.
useless rain.png

Attachments

• useless rain.png
    useless rain.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 14

Goosfrabba

Expert Member
At what point do I get a refund? This is not a best effort service. This is NO SERVICE!!

@rain_mobile how is this even remotely acceptable? I can't even watch a 144p YouTube video. Netflix is nothing but a spinning red circle. I've had enough now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210209-213819.png
    Screenshot_20210209-213819.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 27

trmunyai

My rain 5g router was working fine and all of a sudden just started to have problems and now I can't connect at all its saying connection failed.

I really need help, this is so frustrating because I use this router for my meetings

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
At what point do I get a refund? This is not a best effort service. This is NO SERVICE!!

@rain_mobile how is this even remotely acceptable? I can't even watch a 144p YouTube video. Netflix is nothing but a spinning red circle. I've had enough now.
Hi @Goosfrabba I have received your PM, i will look into the issue

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
My rain 5g router was working fine and all of a sudden just started to have problems and now I can't connect at all its saying connection failed.

I really need help, this is so frustrating because I use this router for my meetings
Hi @trmunyai

Please provide me with your email via PM.

Goosfrabba

Expert Member
Hi @Goosfrabba I have received your PM, i will look into the issue

Thank you for the pm's. The network tech as been in touch and have tried the suggestions. The router keeps connecting to the bad tower and I honestly have no confidence it will be resolved.

I have since put in my cancellation request. While I think your company was forged in the deepest pits of hell, I must thank you for your assistance on this forum throughout the last few months

Redtooth

I'm back.... :(

One day I hope to come here and say "Rain is great, all my issues are fixed" but that's not today.

You see, the only thing worse than poor speed, is poor ping.

I give you...

Screenshot_2021-02-12-09-10-42.png

Redtooth

So although @rain_mobile was unable to resolve issue he sent the request to 'networks' (thanks mate)

What I got next was level 1 support.

Questions like, check your task manager for any applications that use data, cos that causes latency.

Honestly **** this company.

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
These are the best speeds I've ever got - must be the result of our area currently being loadshedded.

Ping: 27ms
Download: 14.12Mbps
Upload: 18.94Mbps