Rain LTE not Working?

Andre

Expert Member
From online chat support in rain dashboard:

We are currently experiencing intermittent internet connectivity issues in the Western and Eastern Cape regions.
Our engineers are aware of the issue and normal service will be restored as soon as possible, we apologise for the inconvenience caused

The only advice on offer was to restart the device (my device was off before I turned it on this morning).

When asked why there was no notification about problems on the rain website the response was: We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences caused

So basically it was like talking to a bot.

Last edited:

Brent_dr

Well day two and still no update on what is happening. You would think RAIN would at least have the decency to inform their customers of the outage and keep them updated on any progress! I feel sorry for businesses that are making use of this service and losing income.

superslow

Rain just tweeted 'Unfortunately a small number of rain users in the Western and Eastern Cape are currently experiencing connectivity issues. rain apologises for the inconvenience and our engineers are working on resolving the issue speedily.' Its my second day down Grassy Park

animehero

Expert Member
Well day two and still no update on what is happening. You would think RAIN would at least have the decency to inform their customers of the outage and keep them updated on any progress! I feel sorry for businesses that are making use of this service and losing income.
Any serious business would have a contingency plan though

MeTsU

Rain just tweeted 'Unfortunately a small number of rain users in the Western and Eastern Cape are currently experiencing connectivity issues. rain apologises for the inconvenience and our engineers are working on resolving the issue speedily.' Its my second day down Grassy Park
Seems like a relatively vague figure considering how many people are having an issue.

The Free Radical

I am self employed and use RAIN for my daily business in my home office.
I'm now using a competitor's SIM at higher cost to keep going.
Not ideal, but an inconvenience nonetheless.

The fact that RAIN does not use its social media channels, website and SMS to inform customers of the issues is inexcusable, unprofessional and condecending to its customer base.

But then again, corporate-social responsibility and transparency is a foreign concept to South African Big Business culture. This is an uncivilized place.

Last edited:

MirageF1

Expert Member
Always , always have a plan B, and C if you wanna be failsafe!

If you run a business then you really have no excuse in this day and age with 100% expectation of uptime and no backup plan in this country at the tip of Africa called the RSA!

Joker

Expert Member
I've had no connectivity, but just got an email from WA that I've used an extra 25% of my data today....

Blix1

I'm based in Somerset West and the guy sitting behind me has rain connectivity and it is working fine. Mine has been down for the last 2 days, and we are probably connecting to the same tower.

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
This is very disappointing. First my Fixed LTE now my mobile sim is unusable. After nearly a year using rain, I have few options left. My Cell C fixed LTE is spotty at times so I'll need a 3rd alternative.