Rain Mobile Feedback Thread

Geselskap

Loss of network for devices to connect to (mobile router & phone). Four instances of loss of network this morning followed by no network connectivity currently. Bellville South, WC.

scienide

Expert Member
Loss of network for devices to connect to (mobile router & phone). Four instances of loss of network this morning followed by no network connectivity currently. Bellville South, WC.
Happened about hour ago in EL

Back up now

tin4444

Anyone lost a SIM card and the process after losing, my household executive threw my sim away by accident it seems while cleaning today.

mrlgm007

rain says there is no issues but the service can not be used since the 16th.

Tried 2 routers , APN details checked and tried it in my phone same issue.

took the sim card to work and works fine in my phone and the two different routers.

zzzz.png

biometrics

Honorary Master
rain says there is no issues but the service can not be used since the 16th.

Tried 2 routers , APN details checked and tried it in my phone same issue.

took the sim card to work and works fine in my phone and the two different routers.

View attachment 702229
Congested/oversold cell. Happens to all of us eventually. Started at 40 Mbps last year, ended under 1 Mbps a few months ago before I gave up on them.

dotcat

Congested/oversold cell. Happens to all of us eventually. Started at 40 Mbps last year, ended under 1 Mbps a few months ago before I gave up on them.
Same here - they have totally oversold the R250 uncapped. Can't get anything really over 1Mbps today. Emailed support and they say I must wait until they add more towers.

mpats

Anyone else having terrible speeds and intermittent connection . Been like this for two weeks .
Call center is most useless

Speedster

Executive Member
My connection is virtually unusable this morning. Router says 4 bars of signal, but websites take an age to open, if they don't timeout

oldtimerZA

Yeah since yesterday I've been getting unusable conneciton speeds to the towers in Haartbeespoort.

cobusv

Reading all these comments i'm actually glad i did not sign up with RAIN like i almost did, glad i didn't

RichardG

Honorary Master
Rain network seems to be very unstable as of lately been receiving notification like Limited services etc. Every time have to reboot my fixed router or MiFi in order for rain to be operational again...

Before could leave my router on for months without rebooting now it's like an everyday thing

namzsteve

Expert Member
Rain network seems to be very unstable as of lately been receiving notification like Limited services etc. Every time have to reboot my fixed router or MiFi in order for rain to be operational again...

Before could leave my router on for months without rebooting now it's like an everyday thing
Had to switch my sim card into my B615 router, my mifi struggles lately, but it's normal, theres a lot of people on the network now.

Yes. I got it to tell me I'd reached my limit of 0GB
I think they're up to something.

kabusi

Had to switch my sim card into my B615 router, my mifi struggles lately, but it's normal, theres a lot of people on the network now.

I think they're up to something.
They have been busy with upgrading their website so this email may be as a result of that.
They changed the way the dashboard reads so that it may be less confusing for some people.
Now what we really need is for performance of the network to improve and something affordable to address the 6pm-11pm gap.