Rain Mobile Feedback Thread

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
I cancelled my Rain service on the website on 23 April 2020 and received a confirmation email. Today I receive an email advising me that my bill for May 2020 is approaching :mad:
Hi SlowInternet,

We do acknowledge receipt of your cancellation and it will take effect on the 1st May. The sim you had cancelled was on the Unlimited Off Peak plan of which the R250 you will still be liable as you will alos still be able to use the service till then. There has also been usage on the SIM card resulting in you being billed for the service.

SlowInternet

Executive Member
Hi SlowInternet,

We do acknowledge receipt of your cancellation and it will take effect on the 1st May. The sim you had cancelled was on the Unlimited Off Peak plan of which the R250 you will still be liable as you will alos still be able to use the service till then. There has also been usage on the SIM card resulting in you being billed for the service.
I understand usage will be billed. Since my sim card was replaced I had NO signal. I'm sure you can go into the correspondence between me and Rain. I was advised in a generic email by one of the consultants by the name of Kea Mamentse that I can cancel the sim and I will be refunded. So I did cancel the sim.

Now I still need to pay for a service that isn't working at all.

We have checked your connection and the site you are connected to, and it’s us not you. The lockdown has caused congestion on certain towers which was impossible to plan for, and unfortunately your are connecting to one of those towers. Given the COVID-19 epidemic, this is a phenomenon that is being experienced by networks all over the world.

Unfortunately this is not something we can solve quickly, and even more so during this lockdown period. This means we cannot remedy your situation now. If you believe the service is not workable, rain will refund you the costs of the service since the lockdown and cancel your service.

We will continue to improve capacity rapidly as soon as the lockdown regulations are relaxed. We hope to see you back as a client then.

Please confirm if you wish for us to cancel your service and refund you.

Thanks,

Kea Mametse

modern10

Expert Member
Hi

Does anyone in the Olivedale/Douglasdale area who uses the 5G Premium product have a good experience. I want to pull the trigger tomorrow but not sure if its decent.

Thanks

Misanthrope

I believe rain operates on the B3 1800MHz and B38 2600MHz bands.

I see they received 30MHz additional spectrum on the 2600MHz band. Yet Willem Roos says they can't use this as it is below what they asked for.

Can someone explain to me in wifi for dummies terms why they cannot use this additional spectrum.

ashley3

I believe rain operates on the B3 1800MHz and B38 2600MHz bands.

I see they received 30MHz additional spectrum on the 2600MHz band. Yet Willem Roos says they can't use this as it is below what they asked for.

Can someone explain to me in wifi for dummies terms why they cannot use this additional spectrum.
I would also like to know this. Maybe a new thread could be started.

Ziwa83

Hello.
Rain has not debited my account, usually goes off between 4am - 5am. Also going on their website there is no invoice, I didn't receive an email either. What is going on?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Hello.
Rain has not debited my account, usually goes off between 4am - 5am. Also going on their website there is no invoice, I didn't receive an email either. What is going on?
They giving us all free Internet.

No money deducted from me either

Crumbl0x

oh goodie the "1st of the month payment and radically dropped speeds debacle" once again, I'm starting to brace for these at this point since 4G for me is almost always unusable in the first day or two of the month when the payments need to go through (glitches amount) and something resets by my tower that prompts a reboot. I'm still thankful the rest of the month is good tho.