Rain Mobile Feedback Thread

ghostbunny

can confirm, warp is pretty much the best, apparently, opera VPN works well enough for streaming. you can also try proton VPN, they have free accounts and are good.

kabusi

Expert Member
Well my fibre is faster and Rain 5G was way faster than my fibre.

Yes you are in the category of top 1-5% of all users.
When the global average is a little biit less than your 4G speeds, then that speaks volumes about how badly things fare for the rest of SA.

GIGZ

I have no idea what they did after they had those problems two weeks prior to the lockdown, but the speeds have improved immensely.1587225845624.jpg

Reactions: Yuu

Geselskap

It appears the the carrier aggregation features are comparatively better used in cheaper phones, compared to premium routers. Please explain if this is not so.
I'm of the assumption that it may be more beneficial to buy a phone supporting MIMO rather than a router supporting the same feature.
Older iPhones support MIMO at a good price. I'm sure there are other Android brands that do too, but these tend to be flagship models only and more expensive.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
It appears the the carrier aggregation features are comparatively better used in cheaper phones, compared to premium routers. Please explain if this is not so.
I'm of the assumption that it may be more beneficial to buy a phone supporting MIMO rather than a router supporting the same feature.
Older iPhones support MIMO at a good price. I'm sure there are other Android brands that do too, but these tend to be flagship models only and more expensive.
Internal antennas on phone is weaker than premuim lte router though.

B525 with bunny ears get 4 bars 4g plus on telkom. S20 gets one 1 bar 4g.

chakniks

Internal antennas on phone is weaker than premuim lte router though.

B525 with bunny ears get 4 bars 4g plus on telkom. S20 gets one 1 bar 4g.
Indeed router antennas are more powerful than phones.
However also note that most new phones have much more powerful modems than routers and the tech they support. A lot of the times we see subpar performance in phones because the default band selection seems to be a bit messed up. e.g those with Snapdragon chipset in their phones can just root them and force band selection to the higher frequency bands, 4X4 MIMO bands and better CA bands and they will most definitely get better performance.

linkinpark

Expert Member
So anyway, Rain contacted us and basically told us that the tower is over utilised and theres nothing they can do about my slow speeds.
Had no choice but to cancel the package.

If you're having slow speeds and it looks like its your tower, you're pretty much out of luck as well. Cancelling and moving on to another provider is probably your only option.

GIGZ

So anyway, Rain contacted us and basically told us that the tower is over utilised and theres nothing they can do about my slow speeds.
Had no choice but to cancel the package.

If you're having slow speeds and it looks like its your tower, you're pretty much out of luck as well. Cancelling and moving on to another provider is probably your only option.
Tough luck. They're the best option I have.

Unfortunately, no one is willing to compete with them.

SlowInternet

Executive Member
I cancelled my RAIN sim card wef 1 May 2020. Since my sim card was replaced around 8 April I'm struggling to just get a signal. Rain just send me the generic reply that everybody gets that the towers are congested. I don't know how congested the tower must be for me to not even get a signal. Router light stays red and yes they said the new sim was activated. My other sim cards do work in the router so it cannot be my router. I even tried a Rain sim from someone else and it works.

SlowInternet

Executive Member
I cancelled my RAIN sim card wef 1 May 2020. Since my sim card was replaced around 8 April I'm struggling to just get a signal. Rain just send me the generic reply that everybody gets that the towers are congested. I don't know how congested the tower must be for me to not even get a signal. Router light stays red and yes they said the new sim was activated. My other sim cards do work in the router so it cannot be my router. I even tried a Rain sim from someone else and it works.
I cancelled my Rain service on the website on 23 April 2020 and received a confirmation email. Today I receive an email advising me that my bill for May 2020 is approaching :mad:

...we've received your SIM cancellation request. Please note, cancellation will take place on 01-May-2020.
All the best,
rain