Rain Mobile Feedback Thread

Jintong

Hi SlowInternet,

We do acknowledge receipt of your cancellation and it will take effect on the 1st May. The sim you had cancelled was on the Unlimited Off Peak plan of which the R250 you will still be liable as you will alos still be able to use the service till then. There has also been usage on the SIM card resulting in you being billed for the service.
but i was billed for a sim card that never workedas it had no signal an rain concluded the sim was faulty and ordered another PS: not replacement and yet was billed for the sim card that never worked and also billed for the new sim card

THE ONLY SUPERFLY

I chopped and changed between packages during the month so was prepared for a pro rata account, kept checking billing info and it's been on R542 for past two weeks now when i login to the dashboard i get oops your account is in arrears for R857 lol and no debit yet....

mahuma

Got billed for 5G that I cancelled in march already. Neh @rain_mobile please sort this out. To think I have been following up with you guys since March to come fetch your router with no response.

mozammil09

Who's getting good experience on the unlimited off peak? In my area (Bez valley, JHB east) the signal is there and 4g but no through put. When you switch off and on, it works for a couple of seconds but then the speed slowly deteriorates and eventually back to zero, rendering it unusable. This especially when trying to stream videos or downloading updates. It doesn't make a difference if change between access points of internet, rain or unrestricted. It's forced on band 3 and band 38 not making a connection. When initially got the sim to test out the 1 week the speeds were good at 20mbps. But now you can barely browse a website, it's a struggle to stream even in 144p. Do you think a router like b618 will make it better? Or is this network congestion?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Who's getting good experience on the unlimited off peak? In my area (Bez valley, JHB east) the signal is there and 4g but no through put. When you switch off and on, it works for a couple of seconds but then the speed slowly deteriorates and eventually back to zero, rendering it unusable. This especially when trying to stream videos or downloading updates. It doesn't make a difference if change between access points of internet, rain or unrestricted. It's forced on band 3 and band 38 not making a connection. When initially got the sim to test out the 1 week the speeds were good at 20mbps. But now you can barely browse a website, it's a struggle to stream even in 144p. Do you think a router like b618 will make it better? Or is this network congestion?
What router you have atm? B618 is good if you tower has 2600mhz support only

James946

I have a b618-22d and it makes no difference, check if your tower supports a band other than 1800

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Got billed for 5G that I cancelled in march already. Neh @rain_mobile please sort this out. To think I have been following up with you guys since March to come fetch your router with no response.
Hi Mahuma,

Please drop us a DM with the email address linked to your rain account so we can further investigate your query?

mahuma

Hi Mahuma,

Please drop us a DM with the email address linked to your rain account so we can further investigate your query?
But you do not even reply to your twitter DM. Anyway Kirtan and Tanya are working on this, hopefully I will be sorted soon.

Today has been a slow day on your 4G, any particular reason why I'm in Eersterivier Cape Town

oo.WhatsApp Image 2020-05-04 at 11.16.18 PM.jpeg

Chatz87

Quick question guys... When I just activated my rain simcard on R250 plan and received the 7 days unlimited data... Is this 7 days unlimited data for off peak only or during peak as well? I don't want to be suprised with a nice big bill after 7 days

Dretastic06

Quick question guys... When I just activated my rain simcard on R250 plan and received the 7 days unlimited data... Is this 7 days unlimited data for off peak only or during peak as well? I don't want to be suprised with a nice big bill after 7 days
just go on to the website and check your usage

Zen17h

Here's my dilemma over almost the past month:
I've been using Rain for almost 2 years and their R250 23:00 to 18:00 offering still has no LTE equivalent. I wanted to order a SIM card for my brother (I pay the account, SIM is delivered and RICA'd in his name), so I ordered another SIM on my account to his address. Note I'm in Gauteng and he is in Western Cape, so I can't pick up the delivery.
A few days later courier company phones me and it appears that they had an incomplete address, I contact their support to fix his and eventually find out they will only accept MY ID for RICA. I did put his ID number on the order additional info but that was apparently ignored and my ID which is tied to the account used instead.

I (and others) contact Rain support which is currently only available through web form
Many WEEKS later we finally get replies with either completely useless and irrelevant info, or plainly wrong: Yes it is possible to add a SIM with someone else's ID to your account (How, as it is automatically using the ID tied to the account?), SIM cards are only delivered to the 'primary address' of an account (Firstly there is no such thing in account settings, secondly also incorrect as the courier DID try to attempt to deliver to the address I gave). After responding to any "answer" we have yet to receive any response back from them

I've also tried creating a completely new account with his details, but now my card is being declined immediately - I'm guessing they see it is already registered under another account but other cards also seem to be declined after OTP verification now.

Rain's customer service is appalling in both response time as well as the non-answers they give when they finally respond.
I've finally got fiber in my area, so now I'm just going to mail my old RAIN sim to my brother instead of having to deal with their useless customer """"service"""" anymore

extrusion

The shaling video over vpn now? That pretty crap of them.

Luckily I left just in time.
Yeah, well VPNs have been limited for quite some time to around 3mbps, but Warp was working great. Now Warp is also limited to around 3mbps.