Rain R250 uncapped offer ending 30th June

KopiteZA

Hi does anyone have any information regarding any price change to the Rain uncapped service? All the website says is that the offer ends at the end of the month, no other information.
I'll send them a mail first thing in the morning to ask if those of us already on the package get to stay at this price or whether everyone will pay the new price, just wanted to know if anyone here knows anything about the new price? Screenshot_20190607-222516.jpg

KopiteZA

https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/index.php?posts/23597813

Was mentioned in another post seems like existing customers will keep their subscription.

Don't know what they have in store though, could've communicated it better to the customer.
Ah, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Happy to hear we'll be paying the same price but even more exciting to hear they have a new plan coming in July, hopefully it's something to fill the 6-11 gap.
Something along the lines of 3 gigs every night for R250 would suit me nicely, just for one or two Netflix episodes

Rejodasi.

Ah, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Happy to hear we'll be paying the same price but even more exciting to hear they have a new plan coming in July, hopefully it's something to fill the 6-11 gap.
Something along the lines of 3 gigs every night for R250 would suit me nicely, just for one or two Netflix episodes
yeah there is possible competition with telkom after the webafrica deals, and users have been requesting peak data... still a bit skeptical after seeing how bad the congestion is now.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Maybe a 4mb speed limit uncapped account to target the people who are having their ADSL cancelled by Telkom at a similar R599

ngoni615

I just confirmed after the 30th of June the offer will not be available to new customers but those already using it will continue using it until it is canceled

KopiteZA

I just confirmed after the 30th of June the offer will not be available to new customers but those already using it will continue using it until it is canceled
Cool bru I was just about to give them a ring. Might still call just to see if I can squeeze some more information out of them regarding the new priceplan ;-)

Azg

Expert Member
I suspect they will introduce a capped product (or FUP of 200GB etc). Those 1TB plus that some people were downloading could hardly have been profitable. July 1 is just a few weeks away so we will know soon enough.

hawker

Honorary Master
I suspect they will introduce a capped product (or FUP of 200GB etc). Those 1TB plus that some people were downloading could hardly have been profitable. July 1 is just a few weeks away so we will know soon enough.
I'd be fine with this, if I could get 50GB or 100GB for R250 a month (all times) it would be lekker.

Genisys

Executive Member
now that they distrubute sim cards via tymebank kiosks their numbers just became too much for the network to cope.
had to happen at some point, guess its time already.
I don't think that is the only issue, user numbers is a good thing (Hopefully they start to grow their network into areas where there isn't signal yet), but users who download well over 1TB a month is the thing breaking the horses back in this instance. Maybe they are ending it because they know what their users want/need.

KopiteZA

awesome bud keep us posted
Spoke to them just now, said even they don't know what the new plan is yet. The only information the guy could give was those of us already on the 250 plan will get to keep it.
The other posters came up with some pretty good guesses as to what the new plan might be, but I'll be perfectly happy with just enough data for one or two Netflix episodes per night for another 250 ✌️

ngoni615

Spoke to them just now, said even they don't know what the new plan is yet. The only information the guy could give was those of us already on the 250 plan will get to keep it.
The other posters came up with some pretty good guesses as to what the new plan might be, but I'll be perfectly happy with just enough data for one or two Netflix episodes per night for another 250 ✌️
well for me i use a lot of data. i want this 250 deal to continue.

ngoni615

I don't think that is the only issue, user numbers is a good thing (Hopefully they start to grow their network into areas where there isn't signal yet), but users who download well over 1TB a month is the thing breaking the horses back in this instance. Maybe they are ending it because they know what their users want/need.
downloading is not an issue. Eventually you run out of stuff to download. I downloaded 1.7tb my first month but now i can barely go over 300gb every month. Games do not release daily. Good games actually and streaming does not consume much data.