Rain R379 cellphone only package

Luke7777

Executive Member
Hi All

Okay on the real though this back and forth was insightful, and what I will do from now on, is actually ask how would you like to be addressed so that I can cater to both parties and give you a good service, depending on what you like.
I think that's the best way forward?
As you would a customer walking into your shop, and your shop being 1 of 10 similar shops in a row, selling the same thing , but theirs is a little bit better :)

Assassin99091

@rain_mobile

I changed my package from the 250 to the 379 and immediately can see poorer quality. Slower speeds.

Thought it would remain unchanged in the off peak hours?

Assassin99091

Besides not being able to hotpot, speeds and streaming restrictions are the same.. Well that's what is advertised. I have another 250 sim for comparison so I thought I would just try it. Now I know, it's not the same so not worth it.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
@rain_mobile

I changed my package from the 250 to the 379 and immediately can see poorer quality. Slower speeds.

Besides not being able to hotpot, speeds and streaming restrictions are the same.. Well that's what is advertised. I have another 250 sim for comparison so I thought I would just try it. Now I know, it's not the same so not worth it.
What?

Leno

Expert Member
@rain_mobile I think you are a breath of fresh air, who ever used to run the account (last year?) used to just copy paste the DM me responce, its nice to have an actual human here

johnjm

Expert Member

The 379 is limited to 360p for streaming while the 250 is not. Big difference there.

Read next time..

Crumbl0x

@rain_mobile

Right, you need to tell us precisely which activities see worse performance. Streaming services will definitely get a downgrade but if everything else is similar between the two, then you just need a VPN to bypass that arbitrary limit.

Kiemo

Any take on the 24/7 package I have the 250 for at least 3 years now ... and it’s poor ... always been ... I mean first when I started it was good not to bad but as time went ... speeds dropped signal worse... but evening having full signal bars ... the speeds are still poor ... I don’t get more than 1 megabytes download so I wanna ask what about the 24/7 deal ... I wanna upgrade for the month of November and see ... if it’s worth having ... is so I’ll use it during the holidays that’s if we getting one this year

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
The 379 is limited to 360p for streaming while the 250 is not. Big difference there.

Read next time..
Only the streaming should be limited in terms of speed. Then theoretically everything else should be exactly the same.

johnjm

Expert Member
Only the streaming should be limited in terms of speed. Then theoretically everything else should be exactly the same.

Yes, which is the case here. Rain is a victim of the average IQ of their users which seems lower than the general populace.

The hint is in his choice of words - can see lower quality. No coincidence.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Any take on the 24/7 package I have the 250 for at least 3 years now ... and it’s poor ... always been ... I mean first when I started it was good not to bad but as time went ... speeds dropped signal worse... but evening having full signal bars ... the speeds are still poor ... I don’t get more than 1 megabytes download so I wanna ask what about the 24/7 deal ... I wanna upgrade for the month of November and see ... if it’s worth having ... is so I’ll use it during the holidays that’s if we getting one this year

The 24/7 will not have a better network experience, and remember that others have had issues trying to go back down to R250 deal from 24/7.

Kiemo

The 24/7 will not have a better network experience, and remember that others have had issues trying to go back down to R250 deal from 24/7.
True ... I thought about it ... makes sense so I don’t no ... what I’ll do

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
@rain_mobile I think you are a breath of fresh air, who ever used to run the account (last year?) used to just copy paste the DM me responce, its nice to have an actual human here

Thank you... this is gonna sound cliche but you don't know how much this means especially after that interaction last week. I did take a breather over the weekend and I'm back now, I'm still adjusting to all this. Look where I can help and answer your questions I will and if I don't have an answer right away then I will find out for you.

I will also be more professional to you, I just require some time to get accustomed to this sociolect. So please bear with me.

ronald911

Expert Member
Thank you... this is gonna sound cliche but you don't know how much this means especially after that interaction last week. I did take a breather over the weekend and I'm back now, I'm still adjusting to all this. Look where I can help and answer your questions I will and if I don't have an answer right away then I will find out for you.

I will also be more professional to you, I just require some time to get accustomed to this sociolect. So please bear with me.

Welcome.

Worth noting, most people on the MyBB forum use it to write when their connections are (very) bad / below expectations.
Same goes for Hello Peter, etc. Human nature, far more satisfying to complain.

Very few people would actually make the effort to write about how good a service is, unless it completely surpasses expectations.. :)

So here's my effort to congrats Rain on making my connection sort of useable again:

I've been giving Rain a lot of crap since January when my connection essentially went from a constant 20mbps to sub 0.1mbps... eventually last month, someone decided to force my connection to a tower 4km away as the nearest tower 300 metres away from me, are extremely congested.

Still not as fast as it used to be, but at least I can fairly reliably do some basic browsing now and push code to my Github Repo as I work from home.

They are however currently trenching our neighbourhood to bring us Fibre.... I will however keep my Rain sim-card as a backup.

Still not something I can confidently recommend to my peers, especially in our area where there's not too many towers.