Rain speeds down????

ngoni615

I noticed yesterday i can barely get over 30mbs but i have all 4 bars and signal strength is great. I usually average 86 megabits download and around 30 megabits upload. Are they throttling us already or its just network issues.

cavedog

Honorary Master
It's probably just some congestion. Sunday everyone is just usually chilling watching videos streaming gaming or downloading. The tower bandwidth is shared so it will pass.

Just to put into perspective the trash speed you are getting of 45.94Mbps. This speed is faster than the 3 starting speeds for fibre on Openserve.

Using Cool Ideas fibre on Openserve as an example.

10Mbps down and 5Mbps upload - R499
20Mbps down and 10Mbps upload - R999
40Mbps down and 20Mbps upload - R1299

You beat all those packages with your trash speed on a R250 per month simcard. I would be happy that my lowest is faster than fibre packages in most cases. :)

Genisys

Executive Member
Of course op will call it "Trash" if they can't download 1.7TB a month at R250.

downloading is not an issue. Eventually you run out of stuff to download. I downloaded 1.7tb my first month but now i can barely go over 300gb every month. Games do not release daily. Good games actually and streaming does not consume much data.
Wonder what OP thinks now that they have to experience the same every other user experiences when they try to use the internet when someone else is happily downloading to their hearts desire.

ngoni615

Of course op will call it "Trash" if they can't download 1.7TB a month at R250.

Wonder what OP thinks now that they have to experience the same every other user experiences when they try to use the internet when someone else is happily downloading to their hearts desire.
I can still download relatively fast but its not as good as i was getting the day before yesterday but anyway i gotta be grateful hahah.
https://www.speedtest.net/result/8322542187
its better than nothing

ngoni615

It's probably just some congestion. Sunday everyone is just usually chilling watching videos streaming gaming or downloading. The tower bandwidth is shared so it will pass.

Just to put into perspective the trash speed you are getting of 45.94Mbps. This speed is faster than the 3 starting speeds for fibre on Openserve.

Using Cool Ideas fibre on Openserve as an example.

10Mbps down and 5Mbps upload - R499
20Mbps down and 10Mbps upload - R999
40Mbps down and 20Mbps upload - R1299

You beat all those packages with your trash speed on a R250 per month simcard. I would be happy that my lowest is faster than fibre packages in most cases. :)
Hahahah i hadn't thought of it that way hahahah. Gotta be grateful .

DragonMolester

Rain in Port Elizabeth has always been slow, don't think I've ever gotten more than 4 Mbps. Ping times are all over the place too but never less than 70ms.