Rain vs Cell C fixed-LTE - Big data bundles vs Night Time bonus

H1TMANlol

Eish rain needs something for peak time . something like the uncapped package , even if the speed is throttled down to a 4meg line . As long as it's uncapped , I'd pay 500 q month (250 uncapped off peak + 250 for peak throttled uncapped) I can live with that . Then I can cancel my ADSL

Since this new forum, I cannot find the article mistakes thread so:
With Rain’s fixed-LTE packages being taken of the selves soon, broadband customers looking to buy an LTE service do not have much time left to decide if Rain is for them.
Surely that should be taken off the shelves soon

uchoose

Eish rain needs something for peak time . something like the uncapped package , even if the speed is throttled down to a 4meg line . As long as it's uncapped , I'd pay 500 q month (250 uncapped off peak + 250 for peak throttled uncapped) I can live with that . Then I can cancel my ADSL
Yep great idea, Rain just needs to offer 4mb download speed for peak and I would be happy to pay a little more than the R250 I pay now for uncapped. At present I'm still stuck with a 60+60gb Telkom contract which I use from 6pm to 11pm via tethering my old Galaxy S5 using the app schedule tethering whick kicks in at 6pm.

byromoth

I've been on Afrihost's Rain 25+25 gig package since last year November, honestly the best connection ever. Never a downtime, I averaged 20mbps unless during the throttle and this was at 50% LTE coverage. I moved to Cell C and I have regretted it ever since. 100% coverage but it goes offline every 10 minutes.

Shamiel_1

I've been on Afrihost's Rain 25+25 gig package since last year November, honestly the best connection ever. Never a downtime, I averaged 20mbps unless during the throttle and this was at 50% LTE coverage. I moved to Cell C and I have regretted it ever since. 100% coverage but it goes offline every 10 minutes.
Welcome to the club Byromoth.. I'm in the same boat ever sorry i moved from Rain to Cell C.