Ryansr

Expert Member
I am having a problem with Raru.co.za that is not honoring my item return that was logged on 27 November 2018 and their courier has been sent several times to my address according to the Raru Customer Services emails to collect the packaged item but the courier have not arrived on those two separate arranged dates and times between me and Raru. Have reported this to Raru after each failed courier collection and was just told they will sort it out but I still have the box at my place, awaiting a response back from Raru Customer Services. Does anyone know if this is normal for Raru to take this long between the holidays to honor an item return?

If it's not normal, please be aware of the Raru.co.za return policy that seems to be very slow or not working as advertised when your order is below a certain amount.

Raru Returns Request.jpg

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I also had issues with a refund. Had to complain on the sagmer forums to get it shorted. They own the sagamer forums.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Only had 1 return, only took 17 days to refund me, and I got a call from the workshop asking exact details about my issue.

chickenbeef

Executive Member
Their finance/refunds team sucks. I cancelled an order 30 minutes after I placed it because I found the item a fair bit cheaper elsewhere. Sent an email to support who said it's fine and they'll issue a refund because the order hadn't shipped yet. They also said the refund will be processed in "7 to 10 working days ".

12 working days passed and I still hadn't received my refund so I followed up with them, got a generic response back and the money reflected 2 days later.

Can't really be upset with them as I chose to cancel my order but they could've at least stuck to the time frames they provided or sent me an update with regards to the delay.

Ryansr

Expert Member
I also had issues with a refund. Had to complain on the sagmer forums to get it shorted. They own the sagamer forums.

Thanks for this advice, I will try that if they still don't respond by next week. :thumbsup:

Only had 1 return, only took 17 days to refund me, and I got a call from the workshop asking exact details about my issue.

This sounds like an okay turnover time to a refund. What I want from them is not a refund but an item replacement which I thought would not pose such a big challenge for them as it now seems to have become. Thanks for sharing your experience as I have always had good service from Raru but never had to return an item with them.

Ryansr

Expert Member
Their finance/refunds team sucks. I cancelled an order 30 minutes after I placed it because I found the item a fair bit cheaper elsewhere. Sent an email to support who said it's fine and they'll issue a refund because the order hadn't shipped yet. They also said the refund will be processed in "7 to 10 working days ".

12 working days passed and I still hadn't received my refund so I followed up with them, got a generic response back and the money reflected 2 days later.

Can't really be upset with them as I chose to cancel my order but they could've at least stuck to the time frames they provided or sent me an update with regards to the delay.

What I don't get is why a defective product replacement seems to be far more challenging for them to do than a refund where they have to first check if the returned product is still working. I have ordered from Raru before, no hassles but now I doubt their service promises with my very first product return with them. :confused:

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master

Still better than Takealot. I had the same scenario, but was told that I can only cancel an order after it's been delivered. Wholly inefficient and costing themselves all the shipping costs.

Dslartibarfast

Raru are honestly terrible. I placed an order with them in November last year knowing the long order times with them, the order was late past it's shipping date and I had to email them to find out what was happening, turns out they were waiting on one outstanding item but getting a response from anyone there was like getting blood from a stone. I had to constantly follow up. Anyways my order eventually arrived bar the one time, I then had to follow up this year to see where it was. Oh no now the supplier is out of stock, so asked to cancel and get a refund but by refund is still reflecting as a store credit.

I don't know what has gone on with them as they used to be good (I had previously ordered from them several times) but they are just useless now.

Ryansr

Expert Member
Just an update that Raru did eventually come through for me with this product return and the courier has delivered the replacement this morning to my door. Raru had also apologized to me for the omission on their part. I will give them another chance when shopping for new equipment next time. :thumbsup:

airborne

Honorary Master
Also be careful of RARU's medieval policy for returning unwanted items:
"a minimum re-stocking fee of 10% will be deducted from the credit. Should you have used our courier service to return the item then the full cost of the courier will also be deducted."

Ryansr

Expert Member
Also be careful of RARU's medieval policy for returning unwanted items:
"a minimum re-stocking fee of 10% will be deducted from the credit. Should you have used our courier service to return the item then the full cost of the courier will also be deducted."
Thanks for the warning! Luckily I decided not to request a refund and just wanted a working replacement from Raru. All good now! :thumbsup: