Rate Cool Ideas

Rate Cool Ideas based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 88 38.4%
  • Good

Votes: 68 29.7%
  • Fair

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • Poor

Votes: 19 8.3%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 18 7.9%

• Total voters

PBCool

Cool Ideas
I have or had the 100/50mb line with Cool ideas, but any speed test could never go over 45/ 20mb.
  1. Would it be wise to just downgrade to the 50mb line?
  2. Are Lte routers more consistent?
  3. Do Lte routers or providers throttle ?
Log a ticket and get the issue resolved?

Mars

Honorary Master
Last year I would have given them an excellent - This year I unfortunately have to give them a poor.

I was without internet for two weeks in January at my business because they dropped the ball. The issue was ultimately with Vuma, but if CISP had taken the necessary action in December then this could have been resolved without an extended loss of service.
I almost cancelled both my accounts with them over this. I'm still with them, but we will see for how long.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Last year I would have given them an excellent - This year I unfortunately have to give them a poor.

I was without internet for two weeks in January at my business because they dropped the ball. The issue was ultimately with Vuma, but if CISP had taken the necessary action in December then this could have been resolved without an extended loss of service.
I almost cancelled both my accounts with them over this. I'm still with them, but we will see for how long.
Sorry to hear that, I am always around for escalations going forward.

WickedMONK3Y

Cool Ideas really are still very solid. The speeds are great, they are quick to respond to network issues, and the recent undersea cable issues hardly affected them.

The DDOS issues were handled a little poorly, they could really improve their communication with clients a little, and their 1st Line support staff are still very weak which needs improvement but 2nd line and beyond are great and @PBCool and @TheRoDent go the extra mile on these forums considering their positions in the company.

Been with CISP for a year now and other than the DDOS, no complaints at all really.

Raven_za

Been with them for just over a year now. Never had any major hassles except when the ddos attacks started. Communication proved to not be their strong point, as i had to go look for info as to what was acutely the problem instead of them notifying me. Ticket responses was also slow and not informative as well. 100/100 line has had a price reduction apparently so good news there. So if you can live with an service provider that does not talk a lot but gets the business done they are the people for you....

MagicMarq

Bad communicators.
Keen on blaming their customers rather than looking at themselves.
Threatening attitudes.
Speed appears ok - but much buffering on 100mps line.
Voip is dodgy
Today they have yet to take off voip debit order for feb, which could be on the fiber invoice which goes off the bank every month no problem. Instead of sorting out their problem they would rather send out threaten emails with stories of suspension until we settle. They managed to take the money last month but this month apparently, our fault again.
Would not recommend them to anybody.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Bad communicators.
Keen on blaming their customers rather than looking at themselves.
Threatening attitudes.
Speed appears ok - but much buffering on 100mps line.
Voip is dodgy
Today they have yet to take off voip debit order for feb, which could be on the fiber invoice which goes off the bank every month no problem. Instead of sorting out their problem they would rather send out threaten emails with stories of suspension until we settle. They managed to take the money last month but this month apparently, our fault again.
Would not recommend them to anybody.
Is there anything I can assist with? Do you have any ticket numbers re performance u can investigate?

R13...

Honorary Master
Happy with them despite their recent issues with DDoS. Speed generally good

Only issue is when you need to get hold of them. Tried to upgrade my line speed last year and got shunted between them and Vuma each saying line speed is the others' responsibility. Eventually just have it up and stayed at my speed and saved myself some cash.

coop

Was with Cool Ideas for about 2 years, finally left in November 2019. For the first 18 months, things went well. But then we started to get issues.
First was a fiber break. I raised a ticket, called them about 10 minutes afterwards and was promised the ticket would be sent to vumatel. About 4 hours later, no feedback on the ticket, so the wife called them and had it escalated. I called them the following morning and had the ticket escalated again. During all of this, I received no feedback. Eventually my wife had to post to PBCool on here, 24 hours after the line break and only then did Cool Ideas finally open a ticket with vumatel.

The next issue was the DDOS attacks, which everyone knows about. Then the final straw was we started getting disconnects which screwed up my wifes gaming. Almost every evening at around the same time.

So I moved to a different ISP. The disconnects were immediately resolved and I now get regular updates from my ISP without having to chase them constantly on every ticket. I had a similar line break with my new ISP and they had a ticket number from Vumatel within 30 minutes which was added to the support ticket and sent to me. This is the support I expect. Don't need it much but when I do, I don't want to have to be the one keeping track of everything. That's partly what I pay the ISP for.

In general, apart from the disconnects and DDOS the network was decent.

StoneCold

Expert Member
I've been with Cool Ideas for more than a year (almost 1.5 years) and I've been a happy camper ever since. Even when then majority of the Openserve users started to jump ship to other providers when they lowered their prices, I still stuck with them (on Openserve) and eventually they too lowered their prices (which solidified my choice even further).

When the DDoS attacks hit, I never really felt anything. Granted, I could swop to my backup Vox account, but never had any reason to do so as I didn't suffer from any outages. Even with the recent cable breaks, I never noticed any disruption to service on my end, just 5-10 ms extra when gaming, while other ISPs had users up in arms with regards to outages, high pings etc.

Look, nobody is perfect, yes their telephonic support could probably use some attention (not that I EVER had any issues to phone them since I became a subscriber). Having @PBCool and @TheRoDent here on the forums to answer queries and solve issues more than makes up for their telephonic support which some users find lacking sometimes.

Everything just works, from streaming to gaming and browsing. I'll remain with Cool Ideas and won't be leaving them any time soon :cool:

Slamz

great ISP while i w as with them, only left because of price but the service was excellent

morbina

I've had no problems with Cool Ideas except for the ddos attacks, keep up the good work!

Jonathan Arumugam

I am leaving Cool Ideas. Internet service quality was good (when it was up). Customer services needs A LOT of work. I've been billed for days gone without internet due to Cool Ideas' fault. The accounts department blatantly ignored by requests for refunds. I've now cancelled - they responded within an hour. That's not how you treat clients. I'm taking my R900 a month elsewhere.

thehuman

Expert Member
My fibre was installed last week Wednesday
Have transferred about 2 terabytes since then.
Application process was not too bad , after i informed them fibre installed receaved pppoe details 10 minutes later.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
I am leaving Cool Ideas. Internet service quality was good (when it was up). Customer services needs A LOT of work. I've been billed for days gone without internet due to Cool Ideas' fault. The accounts department blatantly ignored by requests for refunds. I've now cancelled - they responded within an hour. That's not how you treat clients. I'm taking my R900 a month elsewhere.
Sorry to hear that, can you PM me your ref number to investigate anyway? I am always around for escalations.

fishfly

Honorary Master
Bit worried here I put in a cancellation month's notice on my account (due to moving house) on the last day of last month to ensure this is my last month. Now I don't even get support (issue with CISP and HPE AP) or updates on when someone will pickup the router... I hope come the 1st of March I am not debited...

grantduke

Value-for-money: Excellent
Network quality: Excellent
Support: Pathetic

Opened a support ticket 4 days ago and zero response to date. COOL-20200215-380373

Also, on a side note: Applied about 2 years ago for CISP with Openserve (Easy painless process). Now I'm trying to get FTTB from CISP - well it's just a pathetic experience so far. Zero replies from your Business Sales Manager, and constantly needing to call to get any sort of feedback. Needless to say - at this rate of how things are going. I will not be recommending CISP to anyone.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Value-for-money: Excellent
Network quality: Excellent
Support: Pathetic

Opened a support ticket 4 days ago and zero response to date. COOL-20200215-380373

Also, on a side note: Applied about 2 years ago for CISP with Openserve (Easy painless process). Now I'm trying to get FTTB from CISP - well it's just a pathetic experience so far. Zero replies from your Business Sales Manager, and constantly needing to call to get any sort of feedback. Needless to say - at this rate of how things are going. I will not be recommending CISP to anyone.
Sorry to hear that let me investigate, dropped you a PM.

Last edited: