Rate Cool Ideas

Rate Cool Ideas based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 89 38.7%
  • Good

Votes: 68 29.6%
  • Fair

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • Poor

Votes: 19 8.3%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 18 7.8%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a forum survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP. Please rate Cool Ideas in the poll above based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Cool Ideas does well, and where they can improve. Post your answers in this thread.

Ruaan Klem

Cool Ideas is a solid service provider, I’ve had minimal problems with them, they are competitively priced and they’re service has very little down time from my experience. What would be nice is having a total data usage indicator somewhere on the client login page and possibly an indicator to let you know if the network is under strain that could explain why you’re experiencing a slow internet connection, a notice on possible line maintenance is also a pretty cool feature I would appreciate

BadBoyGP

Cool ideas...
Good service, great feedback...
NO CAPPING OR THROTTLING

8/10

balrog

Except for the DOS attacks, I have been extremely happy with Cool Ideas. Although the R100 increase this month suck, I can understand why. OpenServe/Telkom fleecing everybody because Telkom is falling apart. Hoping somebody buys out the OpenServe Fibre Network soon, so that it can be in competent hands going forward.

nugpot

I agree that the DDOS attacks were bad, but this last few weeks with the undersea cable troubles were surprisingly good in comparison to some other ISPs, so kudos to CI.

I'm still very happy with my service from CI and have just made sure that I have an alternative (LTE from Rain) for whenever CI or Openserve have problems.

lkswan747

Expert Member
I have changed my attitude towards Cool Ideas as they seem to have stepped up to the plate again. Their communication skills have improved as well as the stability of connectivity. Frustration was the order of the day when the DDOS attacks happened but at this stage I am a happy camper. Judging from experience of friends and family members who changed ISP, I am glad I stayed with CISP.

Danie Nel

All the good work in delivering a good product (except for the DDoS) at a mid range price is lost due to their pathetic customer service. This is a company that is still in its infancy and clearly still have to learn that customer acquisition is the easy part, customer retention is what makes a long term success of a company.

OCP

Expert Member
Best ISP I've been with to date.

They managed both the DDOS and international cable breakage without any downtime or degraded services.
Support is honest and when mistakes are made (which will happen anywhere) they own up and fix it quickly.

Have recommended CISP to over 50 clients and other than a few provisioning snafu's (mostly fibre provider related and once a router was not delivered as promised) they are all very happy with the service.

Heinster

Cool Ideas. Excellent QoS. I get very close to my subscribed UL/DL speeds with very low ping.

Wide

Good overall ISP.
Value-for-money- great
Network quality- great
General service - can improve here. Turnaround times and proper meaningful feedback after logging a call can be improved. More interaction with customers for downtime (specific), and hopefully an app to log issues, seemless account changes, as well as notifications for downtime will assist with their brand improvement

IcemanMike

Some of the best pings to EU. Also loves the fact that they're one of the few that adopted the South Atlantic Cable System (SACS). Now Brazil always pops up as the lowest latency servers for gaming :) 130ms vs Belgium 149ms.

When I just signed up (in 2018). I phone their support and asked how much I use. They replied: "Sorry we don't know. We don't monitor you"

CrypticZA

6 Months ago i was recommending Cool Ideas to everyone, however they have gone through a very rough patch, and it went as far as us putting in our cancellation, just before it was about to end in December, we decided to give them one more chance.... and 3 days later another big DDoS attack... I decided i will stick with them since PBCool and Rodent are on here every day and speaking to someone who has IT knowledge and is willing to help out on a more technical level is great. Since then i have been rather happy with them, their network has had hiccups here and there but they often figure things out fast and make the changes needed - it's rather impressive when they go to their third backup and get the same performance.

My pings are great (generally the best between us friends) and i have never had issues streaming to Twitch/downloading etc. Props to them during this WACS outage as well, other than higher ping its been perfect no issues with speed nothing :)

Value for money - good
Network - Very Good
Support - PBCool and Rodent get a very good, the rest meh there is work to be done here, waiting 5 days per response is rather annoying - that being said i have only used them several times in the course of 13 months, one occasion was pretty good the guy was friendly and got back to me via email and called the other time was a "bruh read the ticket reply moment".

Am i comfortable recommending them to friends/family? Not yet

Would give them an 8/10 (Good)

ItherNiT

Great overall!
•Always get full line speed.
•No shaping/throttling.
•Great forum support.
•Priced competitively.

9/10

KillaVal

The only issue I had with cool was the Ddos, they need to engage with customers more when **** hits the fan, other than that I am very happy with them

CT_Biker

Expert Member
I was originally going to go with CISP but I did not like the slow sales process. Got annoyed and never completed my order

dotdan

They had a few speedbumps in the last 6-12 months, but nothing that would force me to leave. Still think they are one of the best ISP's in South Africa.

dotdan

Best latency for online gaming. (When DDOS or Cable breaks don't interrupt)

lightpixel

Speed is good. Peering is Good. Have had no down time since I signed up with them other than the DDOS.
Very Happy.

I have actually tested the line and have been very impressed with the results, Not opinion. Objective Results.
Snappy experience, local and international. Keep it up. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: