Rate Telkom

Rate Telkom based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 36 13.4%
  • Good

Votes: 77 28.7%
  • Average

Votes: 63 23.5%
  • Poor

Votes: 34 12.7%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 58 21.6%

• Total voters

Moto Guzzi

We are doing a forum survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP. Please rate Telkom in the poll above based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Telkom does well, and where they can improve. Post your answers in this thread.

In general over time I have to rate it as good, the few hickups that sorted itself out if you patient, are so few it does not count. I have learned not to complain to get the Call Centre involved, that has bad endings, so if its not your line or port, I just wait for the machine to turn. Call Centre is like sitting in your car at the garage and ask the jockey to check the oil, and he fills the steering fluid.

Now I know that if my ADSL is scrapped, the good days are over forever.

crazycolt

Telkom LTE service almost nonexistent. In beginning of December 2019 I have tested their LTE before I moved from Vodacom. Download speed on Speed test was +- 5MB/sec. Now I am running at 2KB/sec.

It does not help to contact them as they do not understand that there is a problem. My neighbours are complaining about the same problem. You cannot do your business.

Stokstert

Executive Member
All is well with Telkom until one needs support, the helpline/call-centre is about totally useless.
As I don't need super speeds or big data allocations, I am happy with what I get from Telkom.

Yunnimun

I have fixed LTE and it works great in general. The only problem is that it searches for a new network while I am asleep and then I have to reset the router or manually select the network

trivolin21

useless sale and support service, network is not great but good.
Get good enough speeds from my LTE, and the offers are value for money.

Shelldrake

We are doing a forum survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP. Please rate Telkom in the poll above based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Telkom does well, and where they can improve. Post your answers in this thread.
They are the cheapest with LTE and carry unused data over for 30 days

TimBru14

My 4 meg ADSL line with them gives pretty consistent speeds but having multiple users on the network simultaneously renders it completely useless (albeit that's our fault for cheaping out on 4 meg ADSL).
Telkom LTE coverage is pretty pathetic in the Glenwood area. Only really use the ADSL for YouTube and downloading big files (i.e. games, series, movies etc.). Have a contract with MTN for 40 gigs day and 40 night for R300 per month and that runs in the 2nd SIM slot on my phone. Hotspotting to my PC gives me ridiculously high speeds (did a 4 gig GTA V patch in just under 30 minutes - the 4 meg would've taken about 8 hours).

oscart

Telkom is very cheap than other networks and I'm very happy with it.

Bronwynleimecke

No problems really. Network is slow at times.

CuzziGa

We signed up for the LTE after years of battling with ADSL problems. Fiber wasn’t an option. It’s a case of so far so good... no complaints from my side. The signal is strong & the streaming quality is great!

WesleyAnderw

Was Running Telkom ADSL but canceled due to cheaper pricing to Fiber as well we down time I had with them and speed drop for example Dec I went from a 10Mb download to a 3Mb due to errors on there end then after a call and long a wait for a pick up they sorted the issues but with in the next day it does smae again or just goes dead, support was help full at times and call outs to site was slow.

arnojvv

We have uncapped fixed telkom LTE. Most days it's of acceptable quality and speed. Compared to the prices for a similar package on fiber it's now overpriced though. I often have to reset my LTE router due to slow or no connection.

Deanos

Had Telkom since early 90's dialup. 95% uptime.
Only downside is when you call for tech assistance. They a bit clueless. Otherwise no complaints.

Gigglesjeep

Generally very good. But I have noticed that past 8pm the speed is throttled right down and I am unable to continue streaming. Ussually end up reading the facebook posts them, instead of watching streaming TV or videos on facebook as the speed is VERY slow.... Screenshot_20200212_062928_com.android.chrome.jpg

koki4

I am 3 years with Telkom Fibre, The line was installed 2 days after I placed the order.
Telkom and Vuma dug my street 1 week apart, but took Vuma extra 6 m to come live and market their products.
Too little too late ..
3 years I had maybe 2-3 times downtime of a hour or so, and without my interaction the connection was restored.
During the Load sheading my fibre is working, with my simple power back up of the routers.
10mps connection, I get 9.5mbs when I test .. Even now when supposedly because of the broken cables, still International servers are Ok(Not Netflix and You tube) But BBC, Aljazeera, RT streaming is without change..
That's why I got Telkom mobile Sims for all family and also Load shedding does not affect our reception.
Not same wit Vodacom sim :-( Its down most of power outages..