Rate Telkom

Rate Telkom based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 36 13.4%
  • Good

Votes: 77 28.7%
  • Average

Votes: 63 23.5%
  • Poor

Votes: 34 12.7%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 58 21.6%

• Total voters

qace

My Telkom ADSL has been working fine with no issues for the past 5 years.

Only issue with Telkom is the pain to call the call center for any new changes.

PPJ

Do not deal with Telkom. Not even through a 3rd party.

jcy28

Here's my opinion. I have never come across a service provider that is so pathetic. Both my wife and I have telkom on our cellulars. We use telkom data via a wifi modem to connect to the internet. We both work from home so it's imperative that we are connected all the time. During the past three weeks we've had little or no internet access. The minute we connect more than two devices on the modem telkom has no internet connection. The only page that comes up is to tell me that my data bundle is finished, yet there is still 40 gig data remaining. The call centre agents either no too little or know too much but never resolve the issue. I had to do a sim swap as per agent and still no joyWhat beats me is that Telkom has been in telecommunications long before any other service provider yet they lag behind in running a reliable service. Is Telkom joining Eskom in data shedding? What's the issue?

Red Plumstead

Expert Member
They need to improve their billing system. Took 6 months to correct till I have another problem. Also to come and fix your lines takes weeks. Call center is a laugh hanging on for hours and then get dropped after transferring you to multiple agents. If I had an option I would use another ISP. I do not think they are going to improve.

SYNERGY

Executive Member
Telkom - great cap (900gb unrestricted) for their 20mb uncapped product.
EVERYTHING else sucks donkey balls.

ADSL 20mb.

Fawzia

Telkom needs to accommodate for paralysed individuals.
Please do not ask one to go to the Telkom shop

SidMo

Telkom’s HR department should be jacked up and select the right staff for front line and call centre duties, ensure that they can communicate professionaly clearly/understandable and provide them with proper training
Call centre agents are dictated to by their company's brief. They are merely tools to interact with consumers and then communicate our issues with the necessary conduit to resolve. Their attitude is determined by who they represent and with so much chaos behind the Telkom scenes, which these agents have no control over, you are deemed to encounter a total lack of interest in their approach. Do Telkom staff even wake up in the morning with a zest to go to work when they are aware that they do not succeed much in resolving their customers' issues ?

Minse

Service is pathetic! Slow on answering the phone, and when it does a recorded message plays... This is not a way to run a good business. So it would appear this service is mainly for the poor and desperate customers.

Minse

Telkom’s HR department should be jacked up and select the right staff for front line and call centre staff, ensure that they can communicate professionalyclearly/understandable and provide them with proper training

We Love Bass

Telkom’s HR department should be jacked up and select the right staff for front line and call centre duties, ensure that they can communicate professionaly clearly/understandable and provide them with proper training
Honestly speaking you cant really blame the front line staff in all cases, front line staff are just basically messengers to higher authority who are the real bastards and don't even give a damn about our frustrations because they dont deal with the customer first hand and hear and feel the customers frustrations and we have to admit even us as customers sometimes can ask really dumb questions or be unnecessary pain in the butt.

Undercover007

We have Telkom at our offices in Port Elizabeth. Pathetic speeds. Pathetic line quality. It’s just a horrible experience. Sometimes the pages even time out while loading.

i-Tech Solutions

i-Tech Solutions Rep
Endless issues, over priced and extremely poor service. I would not normally give a 1 star rating, but Telkom is certainly an exception...

now05ster

The combination of perceived apathy from agents, delay in getting queries resolved (and half responses to queries) and highly segmented departments means that Telkom is not recommended at all IMO.

Rated poor.