Rate Telkom

Rate Telkom based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 36 13.4%
  • Good

Votes: 77 28.7%
  • Average

Votes: 63 23.5%
  • Poor

Votes: 34 12.7%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 58 21.6%

• Total voters

kgabojl

At work we use Telkom Adsl and my mobile i use Telkom , i like their data is money saving as am always on the internet the whole day

tumangc

I have had no issues with the services, I have a 10MB Fibre line and everything for me has been great including the installation. I havent had to log any support calls as yet in the ~3 years that I have had the service.

comanche

On an uncapped package on 'LTE'. Ja... Sure. 3mb down is LTE speeds.
The unfortunate thing is that when Rain went public, our signal zone shrank, taking me from edge out outside. Telkom was literally our last hope.

NoJ

On a 10Mbps fibre line. Pains me to say it because its Telkom but their reliability and performance are pretty good, haven't really had any issues since I've moved to fibre. Their call centre staff on the other hand..... hopefully I don't have any issues going forward because they don't have a clue whats going on.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Haven't had many issues and the usual holding the line for resolving the issue.
The main reason for the low rating from me is price and I have never received the promised 3gig mobile data sim which is part of the package.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Honestly speaking you cant really blame the front line staff in all cases, front line staff are just basically messengers to higher authority who are the real bastards and don't even give a damn about our frustrations because they dont deal with the customer first hand and hear and feel the customers frustrations and we have to admit even us as customers sometimes can ask really dumb questions or be unnecessary pain in the butt.
BS.
1. The customer is always right.
2. If the customer is wrong refer to rule 1.
And no, the problem is personnel training.
And poor backup systems.

My old ADSL was good, with very little downtime. My fibre is Vumatel, with Telkom still my ISP.
However, the support is now purely call centre and their knowledge is poor. Previously, it was after hours when I experienced a problem as I was at work during the day. A few years ago, I would get the problem sorted out when I called. Now I am told to take my PC to a computer place to sort out the problem. Once my 2 year contract is up I will probably move to another ISP unless Telkom really jacks up their call centre.

BrettR

Have had Telkom/Vumatel fibre for ages and no problems, other than a blown receiver during load shedding which I must blame on Eskom.

Latino1982ZA

The downtime is minimal so they are reliable in that aspect, however, the speed is always fluctuating. I have ADSL with them.

Flyer007

Uptime is good. A couple of service issues I had were resolved pretty quickly. basically get the speed I pay for as well.

iamthebem

I've honestly not had major issues with Telkom, only recently with the network during loadshedding but other than that, they've been good. They need to improve their customer service and turnaround time.

hashbrown99

Expert Member
To be honest have never experienced serious issues with Telkom on either ADSL or Fibre in the last 12 years that I've had them as an ISP until last year. Any down time was usually resolved within 2 days or less. The only exception was December when an error on their side led to my fibre being disconnected for 20+ days. Can't fault their Call centre who honestly did their utmost to help me; they are hamstrung by lack of technical staff during December. That's not going to get any better with the upcoming retrenchments.:cautious:

No speed issues

ljw1304

Slow at times. Often no email over weekends. Call centre not helpful.

Rines

Telkom ... if we have nothing good to say... we say nothing, right?
Nothing.

ouman430

No Problems so far. I was on ADSL and when i had a connection problem it was sorted eventually....patience is a virtue. I have Fibre since July 2019 (Lte) and can not complain.

Dreamer

Telkom LTE speed is all over the place, one moment it is downloading at 50Mbps and the next it is down to 15Mbps.
Very unreliable at the moment

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Openserve fibre, 10Mbps, for over 3 years. Never had an issue and loadshedding has no impact on the local fibre network.