Rate Webafrica

Rate Webafrica based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 37 40.2%
  • Good

Votes: 17 18.5%
  • Fair

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Poor

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 11 12.0%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a forum survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP. Please rate Webafrica in the poll above based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Webafrica does well, and where they can improve. Post your answers in this thread.

rakau

I am using a 20/10mbps line with Webafrica on Openserve at home. We stream Netflix, DSTV, Youtube all at the same time on up to 5 devices simultaneously without any issues whatsoever. The last time I saw the buffering icon was when I still used Afrihost. Maybe its because I have the best contention ratio where I stay but for what I pay (R819) per month, thats best. Plus its uncapped with no FUP/AUP so thats true peace of mind.

simonfishley

I have an Octotel Fibre 100/25Mbps Uncapped service from WebAfrica and I've been very happy with it. It consistently performs at the advertised line speed. Only issue is with the local Octotel infrastructure which is not loadshedding proof and prone to occasional flakes during/after loadshedding but then loadshedding is stupid so it is hard to lay blame.

MalicE

I've been with WA for many years now, the majority of the issues I've had has always been billing orientated. Massive room for improvement there.

joefriday

I am with Vumatel through Web Africa, have not had any issues ! Great Service, Great Connection ! I have 20/20 Mbps. Streaming downloading with two TV's streaming Netflix and everyone on their phones and tablets. No problems, not buffering.

Carjarkev

We have had WebAfrca for many years. Have always been happy with their service and pricing. I do not believe in hopping from service provider to service provider because someone else is slightly cheaper.

Hellhound105

Expert Member
Can confirm, the products are awesome, but support sucks. You log a call and the next morning the ticket gets closed without any info.

You can then bombard their help desk with generating quite a few tickets......they just close all of them.

I have been with Webafrica for a number of years.
Happy with the product, stability, speed and reliability. Being technical helps as support from Webafrica is lacking, but given the reliability and speed, I have only ever logged calls twice with them to resolve issues

Monstercat

I can't fault WebAfrica (except perhaps for the looooong wait times if you ever do need to talk to tech support!)
On the whole, they are quick (often faster than the speed paid for), and reliable - far more so than a certain blue and white organisation we used before them.

Magnum

Expert Member
Been with them since just before GConnect closed. Service not too bad given the Price. however Much room for improvement on the help-desk side. They opened a duplicate account and double billed me for a month without me even knowing it. Recently they kicked up my package without asking my consent.

If you going to change your product at least be able to apply it to your existing customers. They are the one's supporting your business and paying your salaries right now.

WaRn00b

Been a WA client for 10+ years. Moving away from them due to poor service.
Same here man, I was with them for around 11 Years, moved away from them around a year or so back, haven't been happier... Just couldn't handle the amount of issues and absolutely appalling support anymore.

Was sad leaving, but in the end I'm much happier with my new ISP (RocketNet).

Sarg3_ZN

Been with WA on a capped account since mid to late 2014, first on 4mbps ADSL and now 10mbps ADSL, and had no issues.
Browsing has been perfect.
Streaming, be it, Spotify, YouTube, ShowMax when I had the free offer from Telkom and Netflix are flawless.
I work from home once or twice a week and the connection is perfect for greeting work done or for attending meetings via Skype or Teams.
Xbox Live is flawless.
So yeah pretty happy with their service so far, touch wood it stays like this.

SassyDavid

In my opinion, WebAfrica is excellent because whenever an issue has occurred for me (which is hardly ever) they are always quick to help and sort out the problem. Especially during this devastating few weeks with the undersea cables being damaged. I'm very happy.

antowan

Honorary Master
Service has nearly zero issues. Their online self service portal is excellent! The pricing drew me.

ebendl

Expert Member
Relatively happy. Had issues way back when I installed fibre (Openserve) and I don't think Webafrica pushed hard enough from their side to get OpenServe to pitch up and sort out issues.

But recently I was looking at jumping ship when some of the OpenServe-based ISPs started offering truly uncapped offerings for cheaper, and WebAfrica price-matched another ISP without much fuss.

Also have had minimal downtime since I moved to them for fibre, so I'm happy.

Brieuse

Webafrica has a good service, they seem to be one of the more expensive though. Their support is practically non existent. Best means of support is the Whatsapp line which can be very frustrating with the sometimes half hour delays between questions or answers.