Recommended cross-platform MMORPG's?

joppenheim

Hi there

Can anybody recommend a decent cross-platform shared-environment multiplayer RPG or massive multiplayer online RPG for PC/PS3/PS4/XBOX?

My son and I are fans of the Elder Scrolls series and I understand the current Elder Scrolls online do offer PC & PS4 MMORPG but not a shared environment (PC guys play with PC guys, and PS4 play in a separate environment).

He is an avid console gamer and I am a PC gamer and we would like to compete / play co-op simultaneously in RPG styled games (not to mention split screen gaming is not for me).

Surely there is a market for a single big-publisher (EA, Ubisoft, Bethsoftworks, etc.) to release a truly global RPG?
I do understand that there are some current incompatibilities between PC/console gameplay, but surely a global RPG would create a budget to resolve.

Thanks

D1lb3rt

There are very few games that support cross platform. The only one I know of is Portal 2 and is only for PC and PS3 cross platform.

There are rumors that XB One and PS4 will allow games to have cross platform ability in the near future, but has not been confirmed.

I don't think the problem lays on the hardware side as why they are not allowing cross platform. I think for the consoles its all about market share and getting people to buy your console instead of the competitors. Although that being said their is a need for this from a game developer side as it will drive a lot of sales across both platforms.

From a PC side the PC gamer will have an unfair advantage when it comes to PvP over the console player. Their are many debates as to PC vs Console (On same online environment) and what could work and what the pros and cons are.

So, in short... There are no current games that suit your needs

donanicky

DC universe online. Cross platform on PC, ps3 and ps4. Not sure about Xbox