Red Bull Mobile pricing comparison

Does Red Bull Mobile's pricing impress you?

• Yes

Votes: 90 95.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

theitguy

Oversees the RBM HD is known as the Huawei Ideos X5. You'll find quite a few videos on Youtube and reviews on the net for this phone. From what I've seen so far reviews has been quite positive for this phone but I'll probably rather go for the Motorola MB525 (also known as the Motorola Defy elsewhere).

MasterTech

Another innovative product from Cell C. RBM is the way to go. Wish they would allow exisiting Cell C contract customers to move over without any penalties.

Shayd

Expert Member
Decisions decisions the Huawei X5 or the Motorola?

The Motorola is not a bad piece of hardware... very comparable to the Huawei. Only problem I have seen from online review is that the MotoBlur UI slows the phone down considerably and that Motorola locks the boot loader so if you want to change the rom you are SOL.

Huawei is obviously a lower cost manufacturer but is looking to get into the higher end of the market. The have made near 0 changes to the standard froyo interface and so runs buttery smooth. Plus it is using a more recent chipset. Speed is not as simple as comparing Mhz with Mhz. Look at the Galaxy S vs the Desire. They are both 1Ghz but the Galaxy S scores significantly higher on all benchmark tools.

I am looking to get the U8800( RBM HD ) at launch for this reason.

Lastly the U8800 also has Swype... after using it on my Galaxy S I simply cannot go back.

Last edited:

flarkit

Executive Member
The Defy has a rugged build, which I like a lot, but they don't come with Froyo, which is very sad. So come 25 Feb (the official launch date), I'll have a tough time choosing the phone which will accompany my excursion from a 10-yr old relationship with VSP

:D

Last edited: