[RELEASE] DStv Now KODI Add-on

DarkLordz

@js9241698 my Mxq pro 4k box plays the channels but then i logged into my other box (mxq 4k) and when I click a channel, it says "working" but doesn't play.

Any idea? Im guessing it's a box issue but not sure.

Also love the add on on!

enerdude

Expert Member
@js9241698 my Mxq pro 4k box plays the channels but then i logged into my other box (mxq 4k) and when I click a channel, it says "working" but doesn't play.

Any idea? Im guessing it's a box issue but not sure.

Also love the add on on!
That is usually a widwine issue. If you play the channel and see a play play icon top right and it disappears after a few seconds, that confirms it.

You can go into the addon settings and install widewine and restart kodi. Not sure but think the box need to support widewine level 3 at least

DarkLordz

That is usually a widwine issue. If you play the channel and see a play play icon top right and it disappears after a few seconds, that confirms it.

You can go into the addon settings and install widewine and restart kodi. Not sure but think the box need to support widewine level 3 at least
So Im not sure if it's a widevine issue but I decided to install it, however it just says "working" and then there's no notification that it's installed etc...

I checked settings again and it says "install widevine" so I guess it's not installing

COMPUTEK

Executive Member
So Im not sure if it's a widevine issue but I decided to install it, however it just says "working" and then there's no notification that it's installed etc...

I checked settings again and it says "install widevine" so I guess it's not installing
It says that even if it is installed

enerdude

Expert Member

Install the drm info app from the play store and check if it supports L3 widevine at least

Spiderman_RT

Not used jellyfin myself but always believed in a process of elimination. Pi is obviously not as powerful as your android box I would assume. What happens if you eliminate the jellyfin - still the same problem?
I had a look @enerdude I disabled jellyfin and epg still took long to load. Did a fresh install and epg still took long(strange for me) only had dstv add-on on fresh install. Tried another different fresh install on different pi, but then iptv merge kept on giving error. Like I said in original post, epg just takes long to load but it does load guess I wil just have to be patient.

leonb

It has been discussed before in this thread. Also, If there is a central point that hands out updates it is easier for dstv to shut down the project (like they have done before). Rather be thankful somebody is maintaining this addon for free
Can someone maybe explain to me, or direct me to a place that explains, how to install/update an addon remotely.

Say for example I'm not at home, the DSTV Now addon on Kodi stops working, and need an update. Is it possible to do an update remotely?

thanks

cpu.

Expert Member

You may need root access to install widewine.

deesef

Can someone maybe explain to me, or direct me to a place that explains, how to install/update an addon remotely.

Say for example I'm not at home, the DSTV Now addon on Kodi stops working, and need an update. Is it possible to do an update remotely?

thanks
Use TeamViewer?

WiseCrack

Expert Member
I see DSTV decided to reduce the resolution of Supersport 1 from 1080p to 720p possibly to cope with Sundays bok game.

DarkLordz

Issue here is clearly no widewine support. Newer certified boxes is L1 widevine while older uncertified boxes was L3 and some not widewine capable at all, this being one of them
Ah i see, not much I can do about that then. I wanted to use this box just for dstv now

enerdude

Expert Member
When I have the app set to ask which resolution to play before beginning a stream the highest option available is 720p
Yeah just checked it myself, quite sneaky from them lol. Wonder if they are doing some tests and will change back to 1080p before the game, probably not.