[RELEASE] DStv Now KODI Add-on

enerdude

Expert Member
any errors over the weekends game?
Nope but somewhere in the week they dropped Supersport 1 max res to 720p lol. Was around thursday last week. I am assuming it was to lessen the bandwidth requirements / buffering issues they had when demand was high. SS1 still running at 720p while other SS channels at the usual 1080p

hotdog

any errors over the weekends game?
I didn't make use of the Kodi Addon for the game on Sunday, unfortunately.

This brings me to a feature that I would dearly like to add on Kodi: Recording

Is a mechanism that would allow me to record DSTV Now live streams or catchup streams? I've managed to get the EPG TV Guide working with DSTV but would dearly like to be able to set a recording of a specific show on a channel. Is this possible? If so, could you kindly point me in the right direction?

I don't own a PVR, so this feature would be awesome!

Spiderman_RT

Is a mechanism that would allow me to record DSTV Now live streams or catchup streams? I've managed to get the EPG TV Guide working with DSTV but would dearly like to be able to set a recording of a specific show on a channel. Is this possible? If so, could you kindly point me in the right direction?

iptv recorder addon pimaeval repo

hotdog

Thanks! I'm stuck on setup of ffmpeg from the instructions given on the Primaeval Github page:
  • Download ffmpeg for your device
  • Point to the ffmpeg exe in Settings.
Where do I find the Settings where I have to point to the ffmpeg binary?

enerdude

Expert Member
I doubt this will work for dstv cause it is drm encrypted

Thanks! I'm stuck on setup of ffmpeg from the instructions given on the Primaeval Github page:
  • Download ffmpeg for your device
  • Point to the ffmpeg exe in Settings.
Where do I find the Settings where I have to point to the ffmpeg binary?
higlight the addon and go into context menu my pressing c, then go to settings. Its under jobs and rules

Tinuva

The Magician
There is this dude, on another closed forum, who made his own streaming site that removes the drm from the dstv now streams. I have no idea how he does it, but I suspect that is the guy @hotdog needs to use.

cpu.

Expert Member

I would think that recording will make this addon a serious target for continous take downs (to fight piracy).

nnahoj

Hi guys, i not sure if this is the right forum but i would like to know if somebody can help get expressvpn to work on my P13 running kodi 18.4 on the LibreElec OS! I have installed the Zomboided openvpn manager but says that it requires key and crtificate files. I am not a tecnical minded guy nor do i know much about the software side! Also can someone tell me what VPN service I can use on the above system! I apologise if this is not the right forum for this issue, if not please direct me the right one. Thank You

js9241698

0.11.2 just uploaded

matts latest common code

get it here:

Twincam2177

@NicVegas
Cheap android boxes often don't support Widevine in Android.
If updating the CDM in add-on settings doesn't work - your probably out of luck.

Find out what SoC your device uses and load a custom like the Atvxperience rom I loaded for my S905w device. It solved the Widevine playback issues for me.