[RELEASE] DStv Now KODI Add-on

DarkLordz

Uninstalled simple iptv client and iptv merge and setup - works fine now

Working fine for me. Which version of the addon are you running?
I'm running the latest version, still not working any ideas?

I'll take a pic and attach in abit

Bikerbob

Is it possible to add the catchup section to iptv simple client? Would it be as simple as adding it to epg?

enerdude

Expert Member
Is it possible to add the catchup section to iptv simple client? Would it be as simple as adding it to epg?
Nope. The addon would have to be programatically changed to do that. Also, the whole point of iptv simple client is for live channels with EPG. Catchup does not have EPG.

Bikerbob

What is your idea behind this?
I tend to overlook using the catch up now that I use Iptv client. I did try adding some of the movies to .m3u8 file with a group name catch up. Worked for the movies but not the tv series, due to the fact it needs to open a window to choose season and episode.

Spiderman_RT

I tend to overlook using the catch up now that I use Iptv client. I did try adding some of the movies to .m3u8 file with a group name catch up. Worked for the movies but not the tv series, due to the fact it needs to open a window to choose season and episode.
I thought as much. why not try a fully customizable skin for kodi like Aeon Nox. You can ad widgets to the menu as explained in this video. It explains how to ad it in list or panel form from an add-on

Bikerbob

I thought as much. why not try a fully customizable skin for kodi like Aeon Nox. You can ad widgets to the menu as explained in this video. It explains how to ad it in list or panel form from an add-on
Thanks! Will take a look and try it out.

enerdude

Expert Member
Anyone using this add-on in australia? Set it up for my sister remotely via teamviewer but getting frequent buffering on channels - even on sd 540p. She has 75mbps fibre.

Maybe a vpn will work? Which location would work best for streaming purposes?

matthuisman

@enerdude

I have 900 down fibre in NZ and still get buffering.
Their servers I guess are based in South Africa or setup to only serve that location well.

Andries007

The addon does not allow me to login. Gives a error. And tells me to log out and log back in. But I am already logged out. Even did a reset. Can't log in for some reason. And my login are correct. Anyone else have the same problem perhaps?

Jettafreak

The addon does not allow me to login. Gives a error. And tells me to log out and log back in. But I am already logged out. Even did a reset. Can't log in for some reason. And my login are correct. Anyone else have the same problem perhaps?
I had the same problem last night and this morning, logged in online and password is working fine.

Andries007

Screenshot_20191204-080136_Kodi.jpg

enerdude

Expert Member
This happens every now and then with dstv now. I have seen it a few times (especially after midnight) some days - not sure if they do maintenance in the early morning hours or what.
Usually logging in and out won't solve anything for me, just waiting until they fix their side.

BurgBoy

Started having the same issue since this morning