[RELEASE] DStv Now KODI Add-on

Bikerbob

anyone having a problem with the epg in Iptv simple client? Mine stopped working around the 5th of December

enerdude

Expert Member
Re doing iptv merge worked for me
You sure you have program info for each channel cause the url i mentioned above that is used by die addon only has data upto 5 dec. I am also on version 0.3.9 which is the latest version of iptv-merge so its not that

jones123

You sure you have program info for each channel cause the url i mentioned above that is used by die addon only has data upto 5 dec. I am also on version 0.3.9 which is the latest version of iptv-merge so its not that
K so you're right mine ain't working now either. Was fine till yesterday when I last watched TV

js9241698

The EPG data needs to be logged in to fetch.
It uses the same login method that this add-on uses (hence has been broken since 30/11)
Once this gets fixed, it should be back

enerdude

Expert Member
The EPG data needs to be logged in to fetch.
It uses the same login method that this add-on uses (hence has been broken since 30/11)
Once this gets fixed, it should be back
Are you saying once the kodi add-on is fixed the EPG data will be fine as well?

js9241698

Victor Kreutzfeldt

I have taken over development of this add-on.
Below is the latest version.

Version: 0.11.4
Download: https://anonfile.com/lcB3ucEen6/plugin.video.dstv.now-0.11.4_zip
How to install: https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_add-ons_from_zip_files

You can check Matt's blog to confirm MD5 hash of downloaded file:
https://www.matthuisman.nz/2018/12/dstv-now-kodi-add-on.html

Full credit goes to Matt!
I just make a few changes / fixes based on his other add-ons in his github.
You can shout him a coffee via a link at the bottom of his page above.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Hi

Dstv now have been working on kodi all of this time but I am now staring to get a access token error.

Am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

Charldk01

Having the same issue here. For some reason my kodi wipes itself clean every now and again. Still trying to figure out why. Not sure if it is failed updates or what. And now my backup is also just missing so a complete fresh installation with 0.11.4 and access token issues.

Andries007

My addon is broken again. Kodi did updates. After updating the kodi six and phyton etc its "dependencies" now it give me a error message saying Dstv now error. Can not run the addon. :(

enerdude

Expert Member
Having the same issue here. For some reason my kodi wipes itself clean every now and again. Still trying to figure out why. Not sure if it is failed updates or what. And now my backup is also just missing so a complete fresh installation with 0.11.4 and access token issues.
My addon is broken again. Kodi did updates. After updating the kodi six and phyton etc its "dependencies" now it give me a error message saying Dstv now error. Can not run the addon. :(
I also have a problem on my windows installation. I have an android box already logged in that works fine. Tried a fresh install on windows and after intalling the dstv addon and trying to open it I'm getting 'dstv now error' - check log.

Extract of error from my log: @js9241698
2019-12-14 14:29:40.415 T:3480 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named backports.functools_lru_cache
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\henry\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.dstv.now\default.py", line 3, in <module>
from resources.lib.plugin import plugin
File "C:\Users\henry\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.dstv.now\resources\lib\plugin.py", line 3, in <module>
import arrow
File "C:\Users\henry\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.arrow\lib\arrow\__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
from .arrow import Arrow
File "C:\Users\henry\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.arrow\lib\arrow\arrow.py", line 19, in <module>
from arrow import util, locales, parser, formatter
File "C:\Users\henry\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.arrow\lib\arrow\parser.py", line 12, in <module>
from backports.functools_lru_cache import lru_cache # pragma: no cover
ImportError: No module named backports.functools_lru_cache
-->End of Python script error report<--
2019-12-14 14:29:40.435 T:16552 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.dstv.now/

Gadzin

Same problem here tried everything fresh install kodi updated dependencies but still get that dstv now error check log for more information it started today at about 12 please help