[RELEASE] DStv Now KODI Add-on

BurgBoy

Just tried mine now on kodi for windows and it asked to install new widewine drm. After that it plays fine.
On windows it is fine,the problem is only on Android for me.Updating the widevine does not help

Bikerbob

Have not tested my side yet (no-one complaned so far) but do i just update within that app settings ?

Mine did it automatically when I tried to play a channel. I logged in and out a few times before it did it though.

Jettafreak

Did anyone mange to fix the "Failed to parse access token. You may need to logout and then login again" error?

enerdude

Expert Member
Did anyone mange to fix the "Failed to parse access token. You may need to logout and then login again" error?
Yeah mine usually fixes itself. Logging out and back in never solves it for me. It is usually when dstv is down / doing maintenance and it happens more often to me after midnight.

enerdude

Expert Member
It's been two days already.
Then something else is wrong. Have you tried uninstalling, then confirm removing all settings, reinstall, then go to settings and manually install widewine and lastly login and see then?

js9241698

Looks like Login is broken.
I'll take a look when I get a chance

@enerdude
Have you tried logout and re-login?

@Jettafreak
Have you tried their Android app?
Logout on that and see if you can login

If that works and this add-on doesn't - then it needs updating.

Last edited:

Jettafreak

@enerdude

@Jettafreak

Hi @js9241698, I can not check my app as my device is still linked to another account, forgot the email for that a account created a new one and never asked dstv to remove device id.

Jettafreak

Then something else is wrong. Have you tried uninstalling, then confirm removing all settings, reinstall, then go to settings and manually install widewine and lastly login and see then?
Did all that still not working

BurgBoy

@enerdude

@Jettafreak

My Dstv now app is working perfectly,add on on pc also working,running 0.10.2 on the pc.Android box & phone not working & both running version 0.11.2 of the add on

enerdude

Expert Member

@enerdude

Yes mine never stopped working cause I was logged in. I logged out on my kodi (windows) now and getting the 'cannot parse token' when trying to login. I have found in the past to rather not logout when the addon instruct you to do so cause it is usually a problem on dstv's side, especially after midnight SA time.

Works fine for me on the android app, so yeah must be the addon that needs updating.

skeadster

I'm getting the same "Failed to parse access token" on a fresh kodi install, (installed on Ubuntu 18.04). Made sure all dependencies were met and installed Widevine, I also ensured that credentials worked on web and android app. There is only one device now registered on my account. Kodi addon I'm using is 0.11.2.

BurgBoy

@BurgBoy
On the 10.2 version, did you logout and try logging in again?
I tried 10.2 and still couldn't login...
I'm scared to logout on the pc,as it is the device i spend most of my time watching sports on.Will check it when i get home tonight.