[RELEASE] DStv Now KODI Add-on

martin

Expert Member
0.11.2 just uploaded

matts latest common code

get it here:
So impressed with your ongoing dev work on this. I tuned in late to the RWC final which used to be a guarantee that I wouldn't be able to stream. This time around there's no errors and not even buffering. Thanks for all your effort!

COMPUTEK

Executive Member
So impressed with your ongoing dev work on this. I tuned in late to the RWC final which used to be a guarantee that I wouldn't be able to stream. This time around there's no errors and not even buffering. Thanks for all your effort!
I think that was more related to the fact that SABCurrupt was also streaming the game so the DSTV server could handle it better this weekend ;)

jamesm6162

First time trying the add-on today. Keep getting an error "Failed to login. Check your details are correct and try again".

Naturally I checked and rechecked the password, I can login using the same credentials in my browser. Any idea where I can start looking to find the cause?

Other than just installing from ZIP, are there any other required steps I have missed?

cpu.

Expert Member
First time trying the add-on today. Keep getting an error "Failed to login. Check your details are correct and try again".

Naturally I checked and rechecked the password, I can login using the same credentials in my browser. Any idea where I can start looking to find the cause?

Other than just installing from ZIP, are there any other required steps I have missed?
Are you using the latest version?

Are you typing on a physical keyboard, not through an app on your phone with Swiftkey keyboard? Swiftkey add a space after exclamation marks and full stops.

I can't recall the exact details, but there was a reason I changed my Dstv password once. At the time it fixed login issues for some users, including me.

deesef

Does anyone else have the issue that playback on DSTV Now via the plugin is always streaming using the maximum bandwidth, regardless of the playback quality setting under the "maximum bandwidth" slide?

Mine has recently started streaming at 1080 resolution on the channels that have this available, even if I set the slider to 0.5. It streams at the max that a channel can offer. This may be due to one of the recent updates, but I unfortunately do not have the older versions to experiment.

I have tested on a Windows and an Android installation and they both exhibit the same behaviour.

martin

Expert Member
...and SS1 was lowered to 720p last week
Possibly but the JSON errors were still a huge issue the last time I tried streaming and that seems to be a thing of the past now. JS deserves some credit here.

Tinuva

The Magician
Possibly but the JSON errors were still a huge issue the last time I tried streaming and that seems to be a thing of the past now. JS deserves some credit here.
Literally sounds like that got fixed after he added the retry logic.

enerdude

Expert Member
Literally sounds like that got fixed after he added the retry logic.
What @COMPUTEK and myself was talking about is the buffer issues, not the other issues (see the bold text)
Of course we are happy that the addon is maintained by someone and he deserves all the credit for that.

If you read the last few pages you will see the addon had the JSON error issues which was fixed with retry logic as well as some other changes as mentioned in the comments when he uploaded the new version. This worked for a few days and then we had another geo error which was fixed by him as well.

Tinuva

The Magician
What @COMPUTEK and myself was talking about is the buffer issues, not the other issues (see the bold text)
Of course we are happy that the addon is maintained by someone and he deserves all the credit for that.

If you read the last few pages you will see the addon had the JSON error issues which was fixed with retry logic as well as some other changes as mentioned in the comments when he uploaded the new version. This worked for a few days and then we had another geo error which was fixed by him as well.
I didnt miss that...

jamesm6162

Both on my PC and in Kodi (on Raspberry PI 2 forgot to mention), used a physical keyboard to login. But I also tried logging in with the onscreen keyboard.

I'll try resetting.

Also I am using the latest version. Updated my Kodi yesterday to the latest and downloaded the latest version of the add-on (0.11.2).

Are you using the latest version?

Are you typing on a physical keyboard, not through an app on your phone with Swiftkey keyboard? Swiftkey add a space after exclamation marks and full stops.

I can't recall the exact details, but there was a reason I changed my Dstv password once. At the time it fixed login issues for some users, including me.

martin

Expert Member
Well, the bolded text also contains the phrase "This time around there's no errors and not even buffering" so it's easy to see where we missed each other. You were referring to the buffering and I was referring to the other errors in our subsequent posts. Either way, I'm just thankful I got to stream the final with no frustration.

enerdude

Expert Member
anyone using the dstv now addon in conjunction with Matt's iptv merge and not getting guide data for today? Mine only shows guide data up to yesterday. Already cleared data in kodi settings etc but still nothing

Jettafreak

anyone using the dstv now addon in conjunction with Matt's iptv merge and not getting guide data for today? Mine only shows guide data up to yesterday. Already cleared data in kodi settings etc but still nothing
Mine is doing the same.

DarkLordz

Hi guys, addon not working for me anymore.. I'm getting some "exception" error, I am logged in.. Just can't enter the categories like Live TV, etc..

enerdude

Expert Member
Yeah must be issue with iptv merge - I posted on this reddit page.
@js9241698 you having same issue?
Uninstalled simple iptv client and iptv merge and setup - works fine now

Hi guys, addon not working for me anymore.. I'm getting some "exception" error, I am logged in.. Just can't enter the categories like Live TV, etc..
Working fine for me. Which version of the addon are you running?