[RELEASE] DStv Now KODI Add-on

Zachie

Hi

thanks for the update but still not working for me. I’ve re-installed,rebooted but it still flashes blue play icon and then nothing

Spiderman_RT

@js9241698 as always thanks for the good work. Did the update this morning and it's working on Android but on libreelec it is not working it starts playing then nothing. I did check for widevine updates also.

Spiderman_RT

@js9241698 I also did a fresh install on different pi with different user ID and still no luck. Addon shows blue timer but does not play content. OD is also not playing on libreelec. Showmax is working though. Thanks for all the work

vdpollm

@js9241698 I also did a fresh install on different pi with different user ID and still no luck. Addon shows blue timer but does not play content. OD is also not playing on libreelec. Showmax is working though. Thanks for all the work
Hi Spiderman_RT, I am new to KODI and the DSTV addon. Please can you point me to where I can get showmax to run on KODI?
Regards

enerdude

Expert Member
Hi Spiderman_RT, I am new to KODI and the DSTV addon. Please can you point me to where I can get showmax to run on KODI?
Regards

shablamy

Same issue here, select any stream, then loads, but fails immediately.

Worked fine a few days ago.

CoreElec v9.2.1 stable
DstvNow v0.11.4(tried 0.11.6 too)
Kodi v18.5
WideVine v4.10.1503.4
InputStreamAdaptive v2.4.2.1

LOG

I suspect it to be an issue with ISA package - guessing.

Last edited:

Spiderman_RT

my 0.11.6 not working on libreelec pi3
is it good bye dstv on kodi?
I think it's
Thanks @enerdude for the live of me I do not know how to to that qoute from different thread

Spiderman_RT

Same issue here, select any stream, then loads, but fails immediatley.

CoreElec v9.2.1 stable
DstvNow v0.11.4(tried 0.11.6 too)
Kodi v18.5
WideVine v4.10.1503.4
InputStreamAdaptive v2.4.2.1

LOG

I suspect it to be an issue with ISA package - guessing.
It seems to be a distro issue again

xbmcfan

DSTV Now also completely stopped working on Linux for me since this week.
If it can't work on Linux, it will also not work on LibreELEC.
Tried the latest Firefox and Chrome browser on Ubuntu 18.04 and Linux Mint 19.2 and you just get a message to upgrade your account if streaming anything, even if you try to stream SABC Channels that require the most basic account on your premium account. Emails to DSTV also just stay unanswered for days with no response.

Bikerbob

If it can't work on Linux, it will also not work on LibreELEC.
Tried the latest Firefox and Chrome browser on Ubuntu 18.04 and Linux Mint 19.2 and you just get a message to upgrade your account if streaming anything, even if you try to stream SABC Channels that require the most basic account on your premium account. Emails to DSTV also just stay unanswered for days with no response.

I checked to see if widevine was installed and found nothing. Would this then be the problem for Chrome/Chromium in Linux?

Attachments

enerdude

Expert Member
0.11.6 just uploaded.

This removes profiles as it's broken on dstv (even on their website etc)

get it here:
https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/release-dstv-now-kodi-add-on.977513/page-6#post-23242212
Thanks for the update but only seems to work on my 2 android boxes, my windows pc just flashes the play icon and then nothing.

When looking at the log it seems there is a wrong header causing a HTTP 400 error (not sure but I think the added header: 'Expect: ' is causing it)

Düber

Just tried it now on Brave( Chrome based) it wanted to update Widevine but even after that it is not working.